Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure it's not just Zelda, but how many of your beagles just... stare?? for nothing in particular... but just stare??

Zelda is really creepy about it. She will sit on the other side of the room and just stare at you. Not some ordinary stare, but it's really creepy... like WHAT ARE YOU FLIPPIN STARING AT!?

Sometimes when my mom has her and its just them two, she really creepys my mom out and stares. Or she will go upstairs and my mom will realize its really quiet up there... usually that means they are up to no good... but no, there she is at the top of the stairs... staring.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
First of all, it is so weird that you posted this today. I literally, within the last hour, was talking to my husband about how it creeps me out when Roscoe stares at me!

He does it ALL the time. My husband just says Its because he loves you..... awww

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

I know exactly what you mean.... Chloe stares ALL the time!
Sometimes I just talk to her and ask her to go find a ball... that usually helps to snap her out of it

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yup, when I'm working and Beaglina wants to go out or play she comes and sits right behind me and stares at my back... and I can't even see her but I can feel that stare!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I don't like it when Maggie stares at the ceiling like there is something up there and I can't see anything.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Popcorn definitely does the stare thing more than the others - she just sits there and bores her eyes into my skull... it definitely can be unsettling.

Moosie and Buzz are both to hyper to sit still long enough to stare. And Booker just can't be bothered!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Squeegee does that all of the time. I try to talk to him and snap him out of it but he just sits at the end of the hall and stares at me! Sometimes he'll be sitting just out of sight and crane is head around the corner so he can stare! I know what you guys mean too about him staring at things that aren't there. Sometimes I'll find him staring into a corner or we'll walk into a room and he'll stop, point and stare at nothing! It is creepy..

·
Registered
13 Posts
My husband, who did not grow up with dogs of any kind, much less hounds, calls it Crazy Hound Stare.
Our old English Coonhound was really bad to do it to you. She'd sit in the front seat at a stoplight and eyeball the person in the next car.

We love the Crazy Hound Stare.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yes Bazel stares at us and Merlin did too but I don't find it creepy I think they just adore us our their owners. Or maybe I am just conceited.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have never noticed Ben just staring...unless we are preparing food or eating of course!

He tends to be a very busy beag most of the time, which probably interferes with his staring time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Staring was one of the most endearing things about my Marco and what I last remember the most. He'd be walking in the patio and all of a sudden from like 25 feet away just turn around and stand there staring at me. Sometimes I look at that patio and just imagine him turning around and staring.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
When Susi wants to go for a walk she sits in front of Dave and stares. If he ignores her for too long she will poke him then sit down and start staring again. Eery.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Both of mine have gotten into the habit of sitting on the back of the couch, like a cat, and staring at whoever is in the room.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Monty does it too! He'll stare at nothing in particular (or nothing i can see!) and it's like he's in a trance. If i poke him to snap him out of it, he jumps, like i scared him! He stares at my boyfriend when we're settling in to go to bed, and he'll stare and stare until Justin invites him on the bed for hi nightly rub!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yep, Ruby definitely does this. She does it a lot when she wants something, like to go for a walk, go outside to potty, or a treat. She also does it when I'm sitting at my desk working and she doesn't want me to. She'll stare for a while, then a whine will sometimes start. If I know it's not walky or potty time, then it means she's bored, and wants me to spend time with her.

Other than that, she does also stare at me for no reason at various times. And it either creeps me out or make me laugh.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Molly stares at me all the time, but I will challenge her at it. I win most of the time. But, she does stare at the walls and the ceiling too. Makes me wonder if we have ghosts.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Basil stares when he is outside at the back door. He waits for me to open the door (no matter how cold!!!) and he then proceeds to just stand there staring and staring and staring, oh and staring. You gotta love um!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts