Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gracie sleeps almost all day long. Does your beagle sleep all day? Is this normal?

Gracie, 3 years old, wakes up around 8am, eats, sniffs around her back yard, goes for her walk, then sleeps for hours on my bed or the couch or wherever she plants herself for her first long, long nap. She will wake for a while and sniff around the yard again - watch some squirrels - then back to sleep. After her dinner we go for another walk and we play ball etc. then back to sleep around 9pm. (If I am not ready to go at 9pm - she comes and sits ON me and stares until I give in and go to bedroom - where it is ok for me to be on computer or reading - she just won't go to bedroom unless I go there to - nor will she get off my lap... :)

She is never left alone, always at least one family member home with her - she gets lots of hugs and rubs and interaction. Just seems to sleep ALOT. Took her to the vet she is in great beagle shape.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Yep! Natty Boh sleeps all day too. He goes outside and runs around. He gets amped up sometimes. Mostly, he sleeps. He loves the couch, any bed and any sunny spot.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was just gonna make a post about this my beagle (15 months) has been doing this on a regular for a couple of weeks...he wakes up goes for a walk, naps plays with his toys naps more then we have an afternoon walk then we come back n maybe he'll wanna play and bring the rope to my husband but other then that he just lounges around. I thought maybe something was wrong but I think he's just turning into an adult and doesn't need to play as much...I worry because he always has that sad puppy face 😔 But my husband says he's just maturing. Here are a few pics from this afternoon ImageUploadedByPG Free1406929616.030039.jpg e ImageUploadedByPG Free1406929632.115958.jpg

Are everyone else's beae the same?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I was just gonna make a post about this my beagle (15 months) has been doing this on a regular for a couple of weeks...he wakes up goes for a walk, naps plays with his toys naps more then we have an afternoon walk then we come back n maybe he'll wanna play and bring the rope to my husband but other then that he just lounges around. I thought maybe something was wrong but I think he's just turning into an adult and doesn't need to play as much...I worry because he always has that sad puppy face 😔 But my husband says he's just maturing. Here are a few pics from this afternoon View attachment 24074 e View attachment 24082

Are everyone else's beae the same?

That is normal, be happy your beagle doesn't still behave like a puppy like mine at almost 2 years old does, steals clothes, started biting the furniture again ( to have atention definetly ), when I go to sleep wants me to get out of bed will pull my pillow my sheets, steals napkins to eat , takes bites off anyone's dinner if they aren't looking, does drama shows ( I think deep down he wants to be a dog actor ) the list goes on... enjoy your calm dog :)

·
Super Moderator
5,068 Posts
Nope, they pretty much drive me crazy all day long. Either under my feet, growling/barking, begging etc. Even after an outing they might lay down but they don't sleep. Right now Molly is whining and growling. I wish they slept, my first beagle used to all the time.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Well considering I have seven beagles currently, I will say it's fairly normal. Most will play for a hour then sleep for five. A few are more active but not much more.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep! I think my beagle is half cat. She is active for our early morning walk, then for a few hours in the evening when we might play a few games or otherwise she likes to look out the front window and bark at stuff. Otherwise, she's pretty much napping. In fact, if I have to wake her up to go somewhere during the day such as obedience class, she gets a bit grumpy!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Snix is a super napper but she is game to go anywhere else which is great, but if I am busy with work that she can't be a part of she's content to nap until I am done. She really doesn't like the heat in the afternoon but by evening she perks up and wants to go sniff and track when I take her out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We have a newly adopted 3.5 y.o. beagle. She just started to calm down and is sleeping more but not as much as my golden. I tell ya, she is just as crazy as my toddler!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts