Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

We are building an outdoor run for Timber. Alot of information suggest that grass is bad for them. Does that mean we have to get it concreted over or is grass ok?

Also what other things should i do to make the run, or is it simple just a case of fencing off abit of grass at the bottom of my garden.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I think you should provide enough room for Timber to be able to run and get good execise. As far as the grass question goes, I would lean toward having grass. Having said that, Vinny has bad allergies and grass aggrevates it. If you are confident Timber has no allergies, go for the grass.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Allergies tend to raise their ugly head once the puppy has matured (usually!), so if Timber is allergic to grass, you might no know that until she is about 1 year old.
I would lean towards grass as well, but if you want to go with something else, I know most dog runs here in the city are "paved" with little round stones, like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Half of my garden is grass the other half is concrete. The dogs have trampled and digged over the grass area so much that it's hard to tell which is grass and which is concrete now hahaha.

If I was to build a dog run in my garden I definately wouldn't have grass. It's hard to pick up the poop out of grass if you don't cut it often enough. The dogs get too muddy when it rains and Rosa gets allergies anyway so NO grass for me in a run.

PS: That's is NOT my garden in my avatar pic. oh for such lovely green thick grass as that lol

·
Registered
540 Posts

Above is what we call the playpen for our girls, Brandy and Cecil. We have it completely covered with straw and put bales inside for them to play on. It's really great and they love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.