Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Eric,

I understand your hesitation at crating your baby but giving her the ability to eliminate in the house is teaching her that it is ok to do so and this can come back to haunt you. I tried it with Sammy as a baby and it took longer that it should have until she was completely housebroken.

Have you ever considered a pet sitter or dog walker to stop by and let her out during the day when you are gone? Check with your vet ... they usually have people the recommend and sometimes the vet techs do this for extra money.....

just a thought

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Eric:
Quote:Originally posted by Sammy's Mom:
Eric,

I understand your hesitation at crating your baby but giving her the ability to eliminate in the house is teaching her that it is ok to do so and this can come back to haunt you. I tried it with Sammy as a baby and it took longer that it should have until she was completely housebroken.

Have you ever considered a pet sitter or dog walker to stop by and let her out during the day when you are gone? Check with your vet ... they usually have people the recommend and sometimes the vet techs do this for extra money.....

just a thought
There is a guy in our development that will do this. Hes retired. Is this a good solution other than crating her?

Eric
That would be a great alternative ... my vet gives a general rule of thumb for how long puppies should be able to hold their bladder... the number of months old they are plus one so right now at just over 2 months 3 hours is a reasonable expectation. You might want to have him stop by 2 times a day for the first month or so ..... if you decide not to crate it is especially important to make sure that there is nothing dangerous the your baby can get into where you have her during the day.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.