Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all looking for some advice,

I went to view a begale puppy yesterday and was curious about it's size and weight.

The documents from the health check showed it weighed 1.6kg at 8 weeks old. This seems quite a bit lower than the average reported online for a beagle

My question: does anyone feel this is still in normal range or is there a chance the seller is lying and she could be crossbreed?

For context the site is from what appears to be a travelling community and I have heard mixed views buying from these places.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Comfort Toy

Any advice would be great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cassie for a response.

They did offer paperwork which was the record of the health check and Vaccination stickers. Along with microchip number.

I also rang the vet to confirm it was genuine certificate which they said it was.

The tail is tipped as shown in this photo, however I'm worried also it may be younger than they declare to try turn around profits quicker.

I guess if it is crossbreed i would want to know what it's bred with so I could make a decision.
Dog Window Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry eveyone been a busy few days with the pup, thanks for all the advice and nice comments 😊

Cassie looks adorable, how old is she now?

Yes this is my first puppy, absolutely in love with her

Unbelievablely she goes straight into her create or my lap when she's tired and also sleept through the first 2 full nights in her create!

She seems to be such a quick learner, it has taken me 5 attempts and she has already learnt the 'sit command' 🙌. (Be continuing this to make sure it engrains in her memory)

Potty training is proving more difficult but its only 2 days so I'm not expecting this for at least 6months if not more!

As for off lead, I only take her out on to the grass as shes too small to walk but soon as I shout her name she comes running back to me. Hopefully she will continue this is I'd like to have her off lead when visiting beaches.

Here ls another photo to update you all with
Dog Furniture Comfort Dog breed Couch

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Amazing, your beagle looks amazing!

I think I've got fairly lucky with training as she managed to learn new tricks after a couple of sessions.
Recently taught her to Heel and it took her 20mins to get it nailed down.

Additionally after being warned about letting begales off lead we practised her recall every day in a field and now she comes every time no questions (probably because i always carry treats), so I now only walk her on a lead when near roads or when approaching unfamiliar dogs.
Dog Water Sky Beach Carnivore

1 - 5 of 5 Posts