Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Agree it's low for 8 weeks, UK standards of The Kennel Club (British kennel club) are bit different from US. I hate being pessimistic, but certifications are easy to fake. Vets recommend a pup not be separated from the mom until 8-12 weeks. I'm researching US breeders for my next beagle, I'm appalled at the standards of "backyard" and some hobby breeders. If it is purebred (and you are paying the cost of purebred), your pup should come with a breed certificate and 4 generation pedigree (but records are easy to fake). Even a hobby breeder should keep good parentage and health records.

I have a passion for people not getting "scammed" by breeders who are not reputable because the cost of puppies since the pandemic has sky-rocketed and the cost of treating a sick puppy is huge (from experience).

Your puppy is adorable and as Cassie said, you're not concerned if she isn't full-bred, then just love her to pieces, make sure vet indicates she is healthy and keep a watch on her weight gain and signs for any ill health.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Awe, who can't resist those puppy eyes!! Cassie gives great advice! My Ally loved her crate, too. Looked just like Cassie's. Ally was a slow trainer on the typical puppy commands. Is this your first beagle? I've had a lot of dogs, but Ally convinced me beagles are the best!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes, be careful off leash! Ally was deaf to all sounds once the nose was to the ground. I never let her off leash in the backyard (no fence) and especially in unfamiliar places. We had a county farm/park across from where we lived, with lots of animals, horses, walking trails and a dog park, very convenient. We didn't have a good experience at the dog park (big dogs, oblivious owners) but no one was there around 5 pm, so that's when we went. Still, she didn't care for running if there was a scent to sniff. We tried fetch, I was the one always fetching, lol, at least it was good exercise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts