Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a quick question i have had my beagle for about 1 month, she will be 4 months old soon. I have noticed that usually when i take her out of the crate in the morning she poops firm (consistency wise) then throughout the day she tends to poop much softer. Anybody know if this is normal?

·
Super Moderator
5,140 Posts
Most of the time it's normal, it happens quite often with my two adult beagles. You can give her a bit of canned plain pumpkin with her food to firm things up. If it keeps up a lot or gets worse you can always drop off a sample at the vet just to be sure she's okay.

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
What are you feeding? If you use a tablespoon of plain canned pumpkin make sure its not pumpkin pie mix. Sometimes it takes awhile for your dog to adjust to the food. Are you feeding a puppy version of food and not adult?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im feeding her the brand Blue puppy kibble chicken flavor but its with all the food that she eat. First poop of the day is firm then much much softer the following times.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im feeding her the brand Blue puppy kibble chicken flavor but its with all the food that she eat. First poop of the day is firm then much much softer the following times.
Also, she is within her boosters so the doctor has checked her fecal samples.

·
Super Moderator
5,140 Posts
Just sounds like normal beagle poop! Sometimes Molly's starts out firm but then she does a few more loose ones. I think when they get more active things loosen up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts