Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 8 week old beagle and at first he was fine going outside to pee and since we live in a townhouse all the yard are connected and i taught him to not go to the other yard. Until my little brother took him to the other yards and now i cant get him to not go and when he does he hides under bushes and i cant get him to come back what should i do

·
Registered
325 Posts
Keep your puppy on a leash and only let him walk in a restricted area until he goes (like exactly where you want him to go). When he does.. throw a "Beagle Party." Meaning "Woop Woop Good Doggie Yay Doggie Good Boy..." and the such, in a high voice and lots of petting and rubbing of the ears. Then give him several high end treats (like little bits of hot dogs). Never give him the hot dogs unless it's when he poops or pees in the right place. Always keep him on leash, that's very important. And make sure you pick up the poop in a bag or else you'll have a messy yard. Good Luck, Buddy!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Keeping him on the leash is a good idea. Another option if is allowed would be to create a small fenced in area using wire fencing. When we first moved to Utah we had no fence so we bought 100 ft of 4 ft wire fence and created a small back yard for Tucker. He isn't a jumper so it worked fine. Now after several months hard work and $4,000 later, we have a proper fence. Now our new beags dig under it.
Anyway, if that is an option and it is allowed at your townhomes, it is an idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts