Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We found this print a while back at an estate sale.
Not expecting it to be worth millions or anything;
just curious as to who the signatured artist is...??

Anyone recognize the signature? I have searched and googled and cannot come up with anything.

Any help?

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
At the risk of sounding real dumb, the more I look at the lettering, it almost begins to look Chinese.

Very nice print though.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
What a beautiful print!! I've been trying to help look for the artist, with no luck (but found loads of tempting beagle stuff to buy!) But I'll keep researching. Us Alabamians have to work together!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Looks to me like Ole Larsen. I did a Google search for "Ole Larsen artist" and came up with some hits. I'm looking through them now to see what else I can find!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I found this. The picture of the beagle doesn't really look like the one you posted, but this is a sketch not a painting and artists styles do change over the years.

web page

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hey, I think I found a picture of the painting!! It would seem to be an illustration from an old book, and maybe you have the original. Beaglebabe is on the right track, I think--the signature does look like Ole Larsen! The investigation continues, but check this out!

http://www.tias.com/6298/PictPage/1922951818.html

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WooHoo :bounce:

Way to go guys! I told Peggy You could help out.

I see it plain as day now "Ole Larsen" sheesh.

Thanks!!

Found this already if anyone is interested:

6 Ole Larsen Prints

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh...BTW

Sorry to take so long to Thank everyone for your help.........didnt want to post and run.

Been swamped at work, classes at night and helping lady at my old job with some CNC programmnig at night when not in class. Internet kinda gotten pushed to back burner (kinda like sleep :freak:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hey Bob, Glad you were able to find those prints on ebay. Your print is just beautiful! Glad we were able to sniff out the solution to your mystery! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts