Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, our three year old beagle has started to have extended bouts of running wildly round and round the garden - we have a big garden, she is exhausted and panting but won’t stop, I’m having to catch her and lock in the house to get her to stop and calm down. Off to vets next week for blood test to check hormone levels (she’s been spayed) just wondered if anyone else had this happen? She’s not settling when in either for a long time, keeps getting up and moving around which she never did before?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
They do zoomies at that age..but have the vet check for worms in case thats bothering the dog... let us know..
Do you do any command training to direct that energy?
Hi thanks for reply, she is regularly treated for worms etc and normally responds to the whistle every time but once she’s in the zone she is very unresponsive to anything, it’s not the zoomies as she had these at an early stage and they only last for a few minutes where as this would go on for hours if I let her. Vets on Monday so I will get them to give her a thorough check over.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Glad you are getting her to the vet. I would have said zoomies as well but sounds as though she can't calm herself. When inside until about the age of 10, Ally would be active (also spayed) all the time; if not playing, then walking around the house sniffing every inch. I also took her to the vet and vet said, "she a beagle". Fortunately none of it was destructive activity, so we just let her do it. Mostly she stayed in the family room and kitchen. Our staircase is in the middle of the house, so zoomies were always through the rooms around it. We have hardwood floors so she would zoom to each area carpet but only for about 1/2 hr or so.

I hope nothing is wrong!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, our three year old beagle has started to have extended bouts of running wildly round and round the garden - we have a big garden, she is exhausted and panting but won’t stop, I’m having to catch her and lock in the house to get her to stop and calm down. Off to vets next week for blood test to check hormone levels (she’s been spayed) just wondered if anyone else had this happen? She’s not settling when in either for a long time, keeps getting up and moving around which she never did before?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi thank you for your reply, been to vets and had a thorough check over and they are happy that she is very healthy and may just be a habit, I’m limiting her time outside and she is much better 😊. Thank you so much for advice, I love her very much and didn’t want to miss something that I should be concerned over 🙄.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts