·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harley's day so far.

5:38am - wakes me up
5:46am - his howling wakes the kids up.
6:00am - tears a hole in his sleeping pillow
6:05am - discovers the kids sock drawer - how many socks can a beagle run off with ?
6:10am - put his leash on to contain him
6:15am - knocks over his water bowl as he's not happy on the leash.
6:30am - Starts chewing on the living room rug
6:45am - Send both my kids to play with Harley in the hopes of tiring him out.
7:15am - Kids are exhausted, Harley is just warming up.
7:30am - I leave for work - Harley is last seen running from the toilet with a roll of toilet paper in his mouth.
7:35am - Relieved to lock the front door behind me.
11:30am - Wondering what state I will find my home in ???

Anyone here ever had a beagle off to such a fast start so early in the morning.

Andy

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Sounds like Harley has a busy day planned. So much work for a little beetle to do in one day! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Is he crated or home with anybody during the day?

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
Congratulation, you own a Beagle! Isn't it fun?...

I can't believe how well God did his job with Beagles: Great entertainment, great worker, great enthousism, always happy, curious, loving, with a wonderful power to recharge themselves through numerous naps...and all that in the smallest, cutest little package. Are they not wonderful?....

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky used to be like that. I would go to work and come home and find all the crazy things he had done from shredding the toilet paper to eating the shower curtain (I used to keep him in the bathroom at the apartment before we bought the house). Beagles certainly are amazing creatures. I hope Harley didn't cause too much trouble while you were at work!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Wow! What a busy day Harley's got going on. I hope that all was OK when you got home. Life with a Beagle is never boring...that's the one thing you can count on!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure if being stuck in the house due to cold weather has anything to do with it but he was hightly destructive yesterday.

He literaly ate an electrical cord which thankfully was unplugged, chewed a piece of our dinning room table, not to mention the holes he put in a few pairs of socks.

It's supposed to get warmer over the weekend, i'll make sure to get him outside to get some excercise.

Andy

·
Registered
220 Posts
I feel your pain! Monty has also been spending alot of time inside due to the freezing cold. When he does go outside, it's to do his business, bark at the lab next door, then comes to the door wanting in! Luckily, we have the basment that he runs around in. He jumps over couches and races up and down the stairs...i can't wait for summer!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
That's exactly how Fin wakes us up. He used to sleep in late and I'd have to coerce him to go out in the morning. Well now he's up bright and early and sticking his wet nose in my face so I can enjoy the new day too.

Beagles are the sweetest terrors!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Are you sure your beagles name isn't Casey because I am pretty sure my Casey had and almost identical day She too runs away with socks, the toilet paper roll and almost anything else she can find. I get tired way before she does. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
220 Posts
Monty is a huge fan of toilet paper rolls too. And digging in the bathroom garbage!! I just keep telling myself he'll grow out of it...but i think i'll grow to accept it before that!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I'm exhausted just reading that.... I am so glad that at age 10 Sammy has slowed down especially in the mornings. It has been a couple of years since I have gotten away from the morning play session before work. and on the weekends so nice to have a beag that just wants to sleep in !!

Maybe someday Harley will get there too !!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
This sounds so much like Maggie. She has learned the "leave it " command so if I catch her before she gets something in her mouth we are fine. She knows what "drop it" means but usually does not willing comply. She ran through the house for almost an hour this morning, barking at her toys as she went and carrying them around dropping them in various rooms and then coming back for another.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Sound like Charlie tooooo!
He will wait by the dryer for me to drop a few socks and runs with them. Usually he won't be content with just one slipper, he'll manage to put two slippers in his mouth and run. And he is a juggler, he would have a toy(any toy) in his mouth and free two hands to play ball, then he always miss the ball, it rolls underneath cabinets computer table etc, then he will bark his head off until someone gets his ball out. It is quite annoying when you are busy. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
Yes, beaglebabe is right crate him when you can't be watching, you might come home to a disaster. We still be laughing even they are so naughty. :biglaugh:

Charlie mom

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Yup-er!! Sadie and Pooh Bear were just like that when they were young. They are now 7 and poor Sadie is recovering from a herniated disk. But, yes I remember those days and we had 2 of them stealing socks and chewing on stuff together. We called them double trouble!! :biglaugh:

Enjoy your young boistrous Beagle. At age 7 ours still love a good run on a scent trail in the yard and are very good in the house.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
This just in: Your Beagle is normal. :wave:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts