Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been reading the thread on Beagle Colours (Golden Eye Thread)- so many variations!

Not sure why, but I then found myself wondering why some Beagles have square noses and others have pointy noses (I guess I should say snout - but I like noses better!). Is it a difference in the breed itself or a mix that has come into the breed?

Anyways, is your Baby Beagle a square nose or a pointy nose pup? Penny is Pointy-ish.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Starla is pointy-ish as you've put it. She's also a skinnier beagle than most I have seen, even though she weighs 26 pounds. A lot of people think she is a mix, and I did at first, until I found that not all beagles have that stocky boxy build. She has the stocky chest, she's just slimmer and her face has followed suit.

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
lol

I think our charlie is inbetween 2 noses

ummm depends how he's modeling

·
Registered
959 Posts
Casie is a square snout....deeper bark....and slight build.

Cobi is a pointy nose, sharper bark, and more husky -- not fat, husky.

I was told that one nose shape came from England and the other is an American nose, but a nose is a nose, and it works, sometimes too well, when there is food around.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally Posted By: cobismom
I was told that one nose shape came from England and the other is an American nose, but a nose is a nose, and it works, sometimes too well, when there is food around.
Thanks for the info and for the smile - yep, a nose is a nose alright!

Thanks also Shelle for the photos of Starla - she has a beautiful nose!!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Gino's is definately square.
Roscoe's is more on the pointy side.
Cole's I would have to say is more square.

This goes along with their head shape I think too, because Gino and Cole have a more boxy head and Roscoe's is narrower.

Interesting

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have been dying to ask this question as well. Cassidy has a slim snout and a stocky build. Makes her look fat.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
I would stay that Molly's is squareish and black. My first beagle had a beige nose and he was bi-colored (tan and white only). Molly is tri-colored.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts