Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone's pet ever have nightmares? Mike and I were watching TV the other night and Meg fell asleep and had one heck of a dream! (I think she was just about to catch the squirrel before she woke up.)

I did my reseach though, and since she is a rescue beagle, she may have had some traumatic events happen to her. Either that or she just really wants a squirrel.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My beags all seem to have active dreams. I am sure SOME are not so nice as all the dogs seem to do their little wimpy barks while dreaming and I've even heard a few growls now and then. Three of our four have been brought in as infant puppies to our home. Only one came to us as an adult so it may just be that all dogs dream good and bad things. It will be interesting to hear what others have to say.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Li'l Girl whimpers, barks, and growls during some of her dreams. She's a rescue, but has been with us for 8-1/2 years so I just figure she's dreaming she's hunting or warning off other dogs, etc. At this point, I wouldn't think she'd be dreaming about bad events while she was on the street, but I could be mistaken.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie growls and barks and puffs and moves her feet like she is running. When she is dreaming like this she is sound asleep that nothing wakes her up.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
My previous beagle Molly would dream just about every night. I used to hear her wimpering and breathing fast, and many times her legs would jerk. Maggie seems to rarely dream, and when she does, it's usually just one wimper and she's done.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Winston has a certain spot on his belly that when you scratch it just right his left hind leg starts to thump like a cartoon. His left hind leg was just a thumpin' in his sleep the other night. Bet I can guess what he was dreaming about! I swear he was smiling too!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here's my question: how many beagles don't move and bark in their sleep? I'm just interested since so many people say they do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My one beagle will start howling in the middle of the night and twitching and kicking hubby in the back (yeah, he sleeps right in between us.) The other beagle just snorts and snores all night like a drunken sailor -- and she's the female. Not very ladylike!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tucker is an active dreamer too. Once Cleo barked in her sleep so loud she woke herself up. She had a real confused look on her face when it happened.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Beagle #1, Bama never appeared to have dreams. Current Beagle, Vinny and non-Beagle, Miles, both can be vocal and twitchy at night. They must be dreaming of real big cookies that are just out of their reach.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Cole, the younger of my two beagles, is an active sleeper. He does not lie still and has been caught: puffing, running, wimpering, growling, and even wagging his tail in his sleep.

Roscoe very rarely does any of this. Only once in a while he will make some noises and move around.

Cole is much more entertaining in his sleep!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Same here. Josie gets under the blankets and is out like a light. She adjusts herself every once in a while. Charlie sleeps on top of the blankets and I don't know whats going on. He does exactly as RosCole says Cole does.. The best is when he is right up against you, on his back and you laugh. This wakes him up. He stays on his back, looks at you upside down, and while still on his back proceeds to like your face.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey cries, whimpers, snorts, grunts, growls and makes the cutest little ummpph sounds when she sleeps. She twitches and sometimes it looks like she's running in her sleep. I wish I knew what she was dreaming about.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We laugh at our little one too, she gives out mad in her sleep to god knows what but the funny thing about it is her facial expressions in her sleep too!! One day she howled in her sleep then sat bolt upright looking around the room as if to say...........who was that!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I guess all dogs have dreams like that and are acting it out during their REM cycles. :) Meg also sleeps in between Mike and I, then winds up stretched out across my legs throughout the night.
I just love when she wakes up and paws her way up to our faces to let us know shes ready to go out.
It's so funny when neither wants to wake up, and she puts her paw on one of our arms; thats who she chooses to take her out! I love my Meg so much!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts