Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm afraid that my new baby boys are not pure bred beagle's.........But to beagle owners its not hard to spot im sure, well i hope there beagle enough, they're bark sure sounds like it.

I know i didn't pay any cost for a pure bread, but they seem very beagle to me. So for peace of mind I do hope they're still welcome here.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Please don't give another thought to whether or not you and your pups are welcome here!! All of us who have rescues (and many members who do not) have no absolute proof that our beagles are full-bred. All are accepted here without question. We also have lots of "honorary" beagles -- those canine BW family members who are definitely not beagles or beagle mixes. So ... keep the pictures, stories, questions coming and we look forward to sharing with you! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much judymaggie, your thoughts are more encouraging than u know. I see a lot of beautiful dogs on here and the qualities they posses , and i know the most important thing is that these babies at least have a loving home and life ahead of them now with care,praise, and most of all a ton of love. I just felt kind of alone in my own category here and knowing that im not the only one helps me feel loads better. So thank u very much. This has been the most inspiring site/forum I have ever been involved in and it feels wonderful.Thanks BW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Well, I can tell you that one of my beagles is either a mix or just a result of poor breeding because he is 17 inches, not meeting the standard for a beagle of a 15 inch maximum.

I am not going to love my dogs any less if they are mixes, they are still my dogs and that's all that matters. We don't care here if your dogs are pure or not, or even if they are not a beagle at all. I can't wait to see pics, have you posted any yet?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It doesn't really matter.... they are beagles which ever way you look at it. They both are rescues, and no matter what breed they may be mixed with (based on the pictures, I don't think they are mixed) you will love them I'm sure.

I learned that anything mixed with a beagle is a beagle... it kinda rubbs on the other breed in the mixture... :biglaugh:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To Spencers Mum: yes i have posted a couple of pics, they are in the intro section under TinyandSam's first pics, here are a couple i have taken.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
In the pictures, they look like beagles to me. If not, they're certainly mostly beagle. Two of my four beagles have been mixes, but that didn't make them any less desirable. As for Li'l Girl, she looks purebred, but since she's a rescue I can't be sure.

At any rate be they purebred or mix, your guys are certainly welcome here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I just saw their pictures and if they are not pure bred beagles, they are definitely part beagles (although they do look pure to me). They are gorgeous!!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
looks like it to me! If not, maybe part Bassett, but if I had to bet, I would say BEAGLE all the way.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Both of them sure look all beagle to me... and very lovely to boot. I think the key thing we are all saying is that (1) many of us haven't a clue whether our own beagles are 100% purebred either, especially those of us with rescues, and (2) even if you knew for sure they were NOT purebred, it wouldn't matter a bit here!

Welcome to BeagleWorld to you and your beautiful BEAGLES!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I don't think they are mixes. They look all Beagle to me. Even if they aren't, like others have said, you're still more than welcome here. Lot's of us have Beags with unknown lineage, but they are all still welcome. I know Jersey's not a pure bred. Her momma was found as a very pregnant stray on the side of the road and eventually taken in by the Tampa Bay Beagle Rescue. Looking at her, she looks like a Beagle only taller. I sometimes think she could be all Beagle, just way out of standard. I'll never know for sure. I don't care one bit and I couldn't love my girl more. Never worry about being welcome here. We're all a pretty nice bunch of folks. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Tiny&Sam:
I'm afraid that my new baby boys are not pure bred beagle's.........But to beagle owners its not hard to spot im sure, well i hope there beagle enough, they're bark sure sounds like it.

I know i didn't pay any cost for a pure bread, but they seem very beagle to me. So for peace of mind I do hope they're still welcome here.
I have had Shiloh since he was a puppy but he was given to me by a friend that got him from a friend that hunts beagles. But for me to swear he is pure beagle--I could not ! But he is my PRIDE & JOY anyway :wave: :thumbup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone for your support and interest in my topics. Your replies are very reassuring, and I love my boys so much. They're coming around beautifully, in some ways more than others. I have seen a lot of progress in just a few short days. I wasn't trying to imply i did not care for my babies any less because they may not be purebred. However, i really enjoy hearing the compliments on them and i will get more defined pics up as soon as i get some batteries for my camera. lol :happyhappy: :happyhappy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts