Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
:( The next dog I'll have, I will adopt him, may not be a beagle there aren't many but doesn't matter, I wasn't really aware that so many dogs were in need, believe it or not...

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the states, there are so many shelters and so many cats and dogs in need of homes. The shelter, where I got Natty Boh, is on facebook. That is where I found him - on the urgent list. I'm not sure if this link will work, since it is facebook. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.514861361925464.1073741847.194011810677089&type=1 If not, I'll just tell you that there are tons of dogs listed as urgent. This is not all of the dogs. It is only the ones that could be put to sleep at any time. It overwhelms me to look at it. I wish I could do more. Then, I give Natty Boh a hug. That was him on the list. Instead of being dead, he is just a happy spoiled little dog. He is living the good life. At least I saved one. There isn't anything much more rewarding than knowing you saved your buddy.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
It works, it's sad to look at those faces knowing what could happen... I don't understand these people who see dogs as a temporary entertainment that they can get rid whenever they want, who'd abandon them, it's not for me to understand really. My cousin had a dalmatian puppy for 5 months her husband was unemployed her little kid loved the dog, the dog would stay in a really small balcony in the dog house, now her husband got a job, what does she do? Oh better get rid of the dog now there is no one home, really?? I honestly saw this coming a long time ago, the dog luckily went to a farm and has other dog friends there, her husbands friend took her. Sorry for the rant but this is just an example of how easy they do things like these, happy ending though..

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some people have a totally different mindset about pet ownership. It is really sad. If you aren't going to keep a pet, at least have the decency to surrender it to a shelter. The odds may not be great for it to get adopted, but at least it has a chance. Poor little Flapjack would have died in that yard. How anyone could just walk away leaving a dog confined with no food, water, or means of escape is beyond me.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh no! She is back on the website. Must have been returned. Now I'm bummed.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK! She has been adopted again. I hope it sticks this time. Poor old girl.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts