Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My pet (Pluto) is 4 months and 10 days old. Today I felt something strange with him. While playing he was holding my leg with his front legs and started doing doggy style mating action. Is this the right age or is he doing it playfully? Your thoughts on this please.

Thanks in advance.
- Vignesh

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I have a female so others may have some advice. Your dog is old enough to get neutered.. is he? Are ypu planning soon to have it done? It may not stop it completely but at least research the health benefits in having it done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a female so others may have some advice. Your dog is old enough to get neutered.. is he? Are ypu planning soon to have it done? It may not stop it completely but at least research the health benefits in having it done.
Hey hi..
I'm not in a plan to do that. Poor doggie. I don't want to hurt him that way. But still I'll check the benefits and think about it. Thank you Cassie !

·
Registered
981 Posts
Regardless of whether you decide to neuter your dog, I'd stop the mounting/humping behaviour. A firm 'no!' and removing him from you should help, though it may take some time and consistency.

The only dog I've had that didn't come to me altered was Neb, and we neutered him at 18 months (he continually found our (spayed) female fascinating, and the whole 'no humping' lessons would only last a few days, after cycling through that for a month or so we decided to alter him) - we waited til 18 months so that he could reach maturity intact.

With that said - if you don't feel comfortable in your ability to prevent your guy from mating with females and creating 'oops' litters, I would neuter now.

Reactions: Vignesh
1 - 7 of 7 Posts