Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

my beagle used to be so hyper and excited he would chase everything and just want attention and play. however halfway through this lockdown he's lost his interest in playing he would chase dogs and go crazy he would even play fetch at the park but now he just walks he will still run after dogs and smell them etc. however its not the way he used to be i thought it was to do with his age (20 months) however there's a 3 year old beagle at the park and he plays fetch and he just seems happy where bailey just sniffs and and just relaxes.

does anyone know how i can bring him back to the bailey i knew and loved. would really appreciate it.

ps. i still love him more than anything :)

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Its funny a lot of us like out beags to calm down. My dog is 8.9 years and doesnt and has run around for a long time. If there is a daycare where you are that you can drop your dog for the day to run around with other dogs.of course thats something you have to pay for. Do you have a yard for your dog to play in? My dog goes in the yard does some barking then relaxes. Try playing fetch games or training commands.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its funny a lot of us like out beags to calm down. My dog is 8.9 years and doesnt and has run around for a long time. If there is a daycare where you are that you can drop your dog for the day to run around with other dogs.of course thats something you have to pay for. Do you have a yard for your dog to play in? My dog goes in the yard does some barking then relaxes. Try playing fetch games or training commands.
It’s very rare seeing him hyper he used to be and I loved it but now it’s like he’s bored when ever I try play fetch with him it’s like he just doesn’t want to be there all he does is sleep.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Neither of my beagles (8 & 5) are particularly hyper except for the first 10 minutes of their walk when they play fight all the way to the field and then dash about demented - but I did notice that my 8 year old, who I thought was just slower and calmer with age, got a lot more energetic and dashed about when she went on a healthier food and lost 4kgs recently (vet controlled diet).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neither of my beagles (8 & 5) are particularly hyper except for the first 10 minutes of their walk when they play fight all the way to the field and then dash about demented - but I did notice that my 8 year old, who I thought was just slower and calmer with age, got a lot more energetic and dashed about when she went on a healthier food and lost 4kgs recently (vet controlled diet).
What food do you feed them ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, could you tell me more about it because we take him to our local park and there’s always a meet up with dogs at 18.00 and he used to be crazy chase the balls run around with other dogs, but now he just goes to people for treats or just smells and lays down and I want him to be happy and play. Once before the walk I gave him a pig ear and when I took hI’m out all he did was play and I was really ha to see him like that again. But I understand that he’s getting older etc. But he’s a beagle 😂 I thought they stayed hyper for life.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts