Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I probably jog 1-2 miles twice a week. My beagle is approximately 9 months old. I read somewhere that I shouldn't take my beag for a jog until at least 1 year of age until they are fully developed. Does anyone have any experience in this or takes there beagle for a jog?

·
Registered
519 Posts
hey UANBAHD,

I don't take my beag running/jogging but I've heard 18 months /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

You could always call up your vet, maybe he/she will say its okay.

Maybe you could do your 1-2 miles than take him for a 1/2 mile, then he would get use to running with you. just an idea.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,

I've been jogging my beagles nearly every day. It's my therapy! After what has happened to Kylie, the purebred (blown c-5 c-6 and 3 weeks post op from cervical surgery) I wouldn't do it. The neurologist assured me that I didn't do anything to cause her to hurt herself...that she has a genetic disc disease but I still feel that I pounded her body. Our other beagle is a beagle mix. She looks like a beagle except that she's all yellow. They called her a beagle/mix at the shelter.She looks like a minature yellow lab. She is more solid. I will continue to jog her. Her prior "master" must have been a jogger. She absolutely loves jogging.

Kylie, the beagle was 9 months when she rescued us and I started jogging her probably by the time she was a year. Kylie also liked to jog. Kylie's jogging days are over.

I'm not a doctor...I am a jogger.

Hope I helped.

Renee

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi, I have jogged with my beagle Trapper since she was one year old. She is tiny and she loves to run. She is easier to jog with then walk because she keeps moving with me but if we walk she pulls and sniffs constantly. I think it is great for them because alot of beagles have to be confined to a small yard or tied so it gives them the chance to actually go a little faster without running away.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I didn't start jogging my beagle until he was about one year old. We now do it off and on depending on the weather. When it's too hot, we'll just walk. One thing I can tell you for sure is that my beagle loves to run full speed when properly 'goaded' :hi: . He's now a little over 4 y/o.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts