Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Molly (8 months) and I were doing our daily walk through the woods when we came across a cyclist having a rest on a bench, nothing unusual so I just said hello and went to walk past him.
At this point Molly began to growl and put her head down which she never ever does. The guy smiled and said 'nice dog' but Molly continued to growl and move around uneasily, I bent down to see what the matter was with her when he again said 'nice dog'.
At this point I thought his behaviour a little strange and when I looked up he was grinning away at me whilst holding his bits and playing with himself! I was so shocked I just told him he was a pig and walked off as quickly as possible.

Since then we have had a couple of episodes in the forest where Molly has begun to growl at something or somebody ahead of us and whenever she does that now I turn and walk the other way. As far as I am concerned she has great instincts and I trust her judgement 100%!

·
Registered
511 Posts
At first I was going to say that it's fairly normal (Murphy gets skittish sometimes).

Then I read about what he was doing. What a disgusting piece of human debris the cyclist is. Any chance he can be reported to the police?

·
Registered
472 Posts
This man could certainly be a danger to women walking in the woods. Thank goodness you are o.k. and I would say she has great instincts.

·
Registered
326 Posts
A lot of dogs have great Instincts. Molly did a good job. GOOD JOB MOLLY *TREATS GIVEN*

Glad you are both safe. I would of hated to see different if maybe your Molly was not with you, She maybe scared the loser into second thoughts.

I hope you REPORTED this man to the police? If not; please do so.

warmest regards

·
Registered
392 Posts
WOW! a pig is right! what a disturbing thing to have happen!

in regards to the instinct....
i've noticed the same kind of behavior in snoopy.
like she can pick up when something is not 'right' about someone.
she rarely barks/bays EVER....but every once in awhile...she'll see someone and start baying at them.
it's so random and usually totally takes me off guard.
but i always wonder why she chose that particular person to growl/bark or bay at.
it's a very interesting phenomenon...i firmly believe they pick up on things we can't and trust her instincts 100% also.

This was kind of a weird/scary thing that happened to you.
nice that you had a guard dog to protect you in case.
i agree with reporting this individual if you can!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Dogs have great instincts. I trust their judgment more than my own.
What a distressing thing to happen to you, but what a good girl you have!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Our first two beagles didnt like people who looked rough or men who wore leather boots. Most strange but they were probably right.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I agree with all! Molly and dogs in general have a sixth sense. Just as with Beagle RC Air Trix in the cemetary. They can sense things that we can not.

As for the cyclist, he might do that to the wrong dog-walker; one whose dog knows the words <span style="font-weight: bold">sic'em!!!</span>

~Denise

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Anytime any of our dogs acts cautious or scared or angry when we are outside, I haul butt in the opposite direction!

That was a terrible experience you had, glad you are ok!

·
Registered
889 Posts
That is so disgusting! I'm glad that Molly was there to let you know that the cyclist was trouble. I would be concerned about him not being so harmless with someone else the next time, or you if you hadn't had Molly with you. I also hope you reported him if possible.

Good girl Molly!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Good job Molly. Almost makes you wish you had a Dobby or a German Shepard to realy scare the sick cyclist.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
What an awful thing to happen to you, I'm sorry.

I always trust my dogs instincts and if they seem anxious, growly or just acting warily about someone or something then I think twice about what I'm doing or where I'm going.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Wow. That makes me really thankful that I have the puppies now! I love taking walks but don't take some of the more popular trails in town or stay out later because I don't have any protection. Now I will have a smart beagle!

I'm glad you're safe! Let us know if the guy was ever reported...or what happened with that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts