Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I read that beagles on average in the US can be as low as $550. I am new to Seattle and hoping to spend 800 or less. Does anyone have any suggestions for breeders nearby the are (within a 2hr drive)?

I am finding alot of difficulty with online searches. Looking to buy in 2022!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Be very careful when choosing a breeder, there are many "backyard" breeders and puppy mills out there that are very good at advertising pure bred beagles. My beagles are always rescues, so many nice beagles in shelters.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello!

I read that beagles on average in the US can be as low as $550. I am new to Seattle and hoping to spend 800 or less. Does anyone have any suggestions for breeders nearby the are (within a 2hr drive)?

I am finding alot of difficulty with online searches. Looking to buy in 2022!
I got a pedigreed Beagle puppy, male, from a breeder in Ontario, California (near Los Angeles) for $350 in year 2005. I think that was the going price at the time. By now, my opinion is that Between $550 and $800 would be a very reasonable price. To find a nearby breeder, just Google, "Breeders, Beagle Seattle". Whatever price you end up paying, getting a Beagle Puppy my well be the best decision of your life.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You may want to contact your local beagle rescue - often they have very young dogs and rescuing is always an excellent option.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am getting a purebred puppy this time around (my Ally passed in 2019). Beagles from show champion lines go for about $1400 - 2500. I also caution to be wary of backyard breeders and puppy mills. In reading up on breeders, I had no idea how many there were and how they disguise themselves. I also learned about puppy brokers also (who buy from a backyard breeder but pretend they are selling for a friend, etc) - internet puppy purchases are often brokers.
Here's some good articles to get started: How to Spot a Puppy Farm - The Happy Puppy Site and this one gives a breakdown of puppy mills by state
Font Electric blue Office equipment Audio equipment Macro photography

and this blog post,
Font Electric blue Technology Rectangle Pattern

Breed rescue is always as good start as someone else mentioned. AKC has a list of beagle breeders on their site, but careful, I have found some not so good breeders. National Beagle Club website also has a breeder list. Mostly these are show breeders and cost quite a lot.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
12 Posts
We got my current beagle 15 years ago for $200 in Michigan, which I thought was a lot at the time haha. I guess he was a backyard breeder, but we went back to visit him a few years later. Seemed like an honest breeder. Had a coffee table with a swastika on it 😳 and fed his fat beagles chocolate oreos, but other than that seemed like a decent guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts