Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a beagle puppy (she's about 9 months old). She's been in heat for about 6 weeks now. She only bled for like 7-10 days. But i'm concerned because her vulva and nipples are still swollen. should I be concerned about her?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Our first female beagle, Molly, bled for close to 40 days. It seemed like she was in heat for about 2 months, from symptoms start to symptoms finish. We took her to the vet at about day 32 of her bleeding, and our vet said not to worry, especially as it was her first heat cycle. It went away, and all was fine. He said that her next heat cycle should be shorter, more normal. Sadly we never found out. Our second female, Bella, is a year and almost 5 months old. She hasn't gone into heat yet. We talk to our vet about it every time we are in to see him, but he also says it is no huge deal, she is perfectly healthy as she is.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much. I was starting to worry that she might be pregnant, even though to my knowledge she hasn't been around any males that weren't already fixed. You've been a huge huge help1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts