Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night Brett and I get home from work and notice a tin of cat food on the lounge room floor. I turn to Brett and ask if he locked the pantry before he left for work in the morning. His reply Ummmmmmm? Obviously not. I spend the next 20 minutes picking up cat food tins, tuna tins, tinned pea's and crisp's off the lounge room floor. I'm thinking thank god she cant get the bloody lids off the tins!

WRONG!!!!! I walk into the bedroom to find a dog food tin (I keep them for emergencies) opened under the bed with 3/4 of the contents gone. Houdini had managed to pull the bloody lid off! What the hell! She is a freaking nightmare!

So last night I had a big fat black puppy with a bloated tummy, runny toilet who was also burping like a trooper and the farts!

Brett copped an ear bashing for not locking the pantry, Jodie kept burping in my face so I took Jesie for a walk. Jodie wouldn't get off the couch because she felt so ill. Jesie and I had a lovely walk though. Just me and my little angel.

That beagle (bastard dog from hell) was feeling much better this morning though. I swear she does my head in Its a good thing I adore her or I might be forced to strangle her!

Gotta love these beagles of ours dont we?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Our Jojo ate two crayons today. CRAYONS. I kept thinking, REALLY? CRAYONS???? How in the world can they taste good?

She doesn't typically steal and eat thing. Doesn't really chew on things that she's not supposed to, but crayons are a completely different story.
My son got a talking to.

Sometimes I find myself getting so frustrated with her. Beyond frustrated. I have to keep reminding myself that she's a beagle. And that I love her.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My little Sulli monster is trying to tell me that I don't feed her enough. Maya is pregnant so she is currently eating puppy food. I have a gallon sized bag that I keep the puppy food in on the counter. Well Monday night I heard a noise but didn't think too much of it. Then later I was in the other room and heard a dog crunching something. I walked into the kitchen to find that Sulli had pulled the gallon bag off the counter and had eaten 1/2 the food. I was shocked that she did not have a bloated looking tummy afterwards, but she looked and acted just fine. She is on the thin side so I didn't worry too much, but darn that little thief!

·
Registered
472 Posts
We had hamburgers last night and my 3 year only ate a half so the other half was on the counter and Daisy ever so quietly jumped up and swiped it right off and took off outside...argh! Of course when I went for her she just cramed it all in her mouth

·
Registered
865 Posts
I feel your pain! One day it's crayons, another day it is a diaper dug out of a trash can, then it's my toddler's snacks. Toby has broken into the kibble container before. Oh, I could probably go on for a while!! They are constantly eating something they aren't supposed to!

Love the way you told the story! I was feeling your pain yet cracking up at the same time!!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
OH naughty doggies. I can not understand how anything like crayons, diapers, etc can ever be appealing to anyone.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I must admit when I had stopped ear bashing Brett I did have a good laugh about it. My other dog wouldn't even think to do half the stuff my JoJo does! My life would be so boring without her!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hee-hee-hee! It's amazing what they can get into. Menolly's favorite is my nephew's training pants and the cat box. Yesterday she got into a BRAND NEW bag of the training pants and destroyed them- and my sister SWORE she'd closed her door!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts