Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have any suggestions for fun things to do in Seattle with the hounds? We are going for a few days next week and are looking for things that we can do with them while we are there.

I have heard about a pub downtown (the White Horse) that actually lets you have dogs INSIDE... we'll definitely have to check that out to see what havoc the hounds can create in a pub!

·
Registered
147 Posts
i lived in seattle for a couple of years-i would take him to greenlake for a walk around the lake-beautiful place and lots of people with dogs doing the same.on your walk have a bite to eat at the little place called "spuds" it doesn't look like much of a place but it has the best fish and chips you will ever eat and it has outside seating and everyone sits out there with their dogs and has lunch.golden gardens is also a nice park on the sound with boats and docks and lots of time you will see the seals out there-both are good place to bring a picnic and blanket and hang out for the afternoon.let me know if you need more tips-i got tons!

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Contact the Beagle Rescue group in Seattle!! They have TONS of events going on all the time. Picnics and meet 'n greets and parties... all kinds of outings for beagle people! GREAT group. The head person's name is Judy (can't think of last name off-hand).

Heck! I'm in Oklahoma and love getting their newsletters and notices of events all the time!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Hi Beagsmom, How did you get on the mailing list for Seattle Beagle Rescue? I have tried to volunteer for them and have even been in contact with them by e-mail. Several times they said they would call me but never did. I signed up for the mailing list but never receive anything. Seattle (They are actually based in Renton) is close enough for me to go to events with Maggie but I can't seem to get a response with them and there are never any events listed on their website or their msn group. Sorry I'm off topic here but would love any info you have.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions - we did go to Spuds and it was lovely... although there is a redevelopment application posted on it so sadly I think its days may be numbered in that location.

Overall we found Seattle very dog friendly and met lots of nice people while traipsing around with the hounds - I really think that when we don't have them we only meet a fraction of the people we do when we have them because almost everyone will stop to ask about them, or pet them, or tell us about the beagle they had when they were a kid or had to leave back home to go on their trip. We also found a pub (The White Horse) by Pike Place Market that lets you bring "well behaved" dogs right inside with you - they have sort of a "British" theme with pictures of hunting and the like on the walls so the hounds looked like part of the decoration! We stayed at the Alexis Hotel right downtown and they were awesome about the hounds too - we were a bit worried they would balk at our having three (we had stayed there before with one and then two) and they even had a sign in the lobby that welcomed the hounds by name!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Oh, I hope you took a picture of the sign! That is just so nice. Even better would have been a picture of your 3 Beagles in front of the sign grinning from ear to ear like the happy hounds they are.

You mentioning people stopping you reminded me that last weekend a very sweet white haired couple stopped me and my 3 and asked what brand of dog were they!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:Originally posted by BoulderBeagles:
Oh, I hope you took a picture of the sign! That is just so nice. Even better would have been a picture of your 3 Beagles in front of the sign grinning from ear to ear like the happy hounds they are.
Didn't manage to get the hounds in the picture, but here at least is the sign!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts