Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what color your beagle's eyes are, and if they changed or lightened from puppyhood to adulthood.

I thought I read somewhere that beagle eye coloring is usually either hazel or brown. Molly's eyes were a beautiful light brown, almost a honey brown, while Maggie's eyes are so incredibly dark that they almost look black. Can I expect them to lighten (like her coat is) as she gets older?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oooooh, Maggie is adorable! Her eyes are beautiful and I would never understand it if you would resist that face!

Chloe's eyes are green with hazel tone to them (almost yellow) depending on lighting. But Chloe is a very light pup, with liver/pink nose. I also noticed that her eyes aren't as big as other Beagle's eyes.... Oh well, I guess you can't win everything /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sign20.gif

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My males are very dark and my females are very light. I even had one of the puppies from Maya's last litter that had blue eyes, but I was told that they would change to hazel as the pup grew. Unfortunately that family does not keep in touch so I don't know if the eyes ever changed or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.