Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beagle’s name is Google. He’s 4 months now,pretty much potty trained and pees only on diapers most of the time. His chewing has decreased to over the time. But still he bites my parents a lot compared to me. Had him since he was 6 weeks. he is very much pampered,too many toys,treats. No restrictions as such ,he has the whole house to himself. He has damaged lots of wires and furniture. But anyway now the problem is even after giving him bones to chew,even after going for 1 hour walk and indoor playtime of fetching and running behind him and stuff . He still has soo much of energy,his chewing on furniture and stuff and humping even after so much of exercise it doesn’t stop . I wanted to know will he ever calm down? Will he ever have the energy like normal average dog?

·
Super Moderator
5,217 Posts
He really needs boundaries and rules. A basic training class for puppies would be a huge help. They do calm down but need discpline.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
My gosh where do I even begin... my dog is 9.5 years old and Ive had her since 8weeks.
You MUST read up on puppies.
Isnt your dog going outside to pee/poop.? Take your dog out on a leash to do it.
Restrict the area your dog has so it doesnt destroy your house.
Go to a dog obedience training class.
Puppy biting is normal ..its not aggression so read up on how to curb biting/nipping. It does last for several months but you have to take steps to stop it. And dont spank the dog..it will make it worse.
It will take about 3 years to calm down.
Have you had your dog neutered? It will help the humping and craziness behavior.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts