Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Googled Benadryl and this picture was on the first web site that came up. :thumbup:

Sadie’s eyes have been watery and puffy lately. Something must be blooming.
I noticed her new brother, Sparky (I pick him up tomorrow.) was the same way when we saw him a couple of weeks ago.
I was wondering about picking up some Benadryl without having to get it from the vet. (They prescribed it for her when she was a puppy.)
I did find out that they should only get the “plain” kind, and that 10mg is right for under 30lbs, and 25mg for over 30lbs. I guess there’s also generic Diphenhydramine?
Don’t want to give my kids something I’m not sure about. What do any of you use for your Beagle’s allergies, and where do you get it?
Thanks! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I use generic Diphenhydramine for both Li'l Girl and Traveler, and have used it for dogs in the past. None every had any bad reactions.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I use the generic benedryal for mine. I have 3 of 4 dogs with allergies right now (myself included too)

Can't wait to see Sparky pictures !!!!!

ETA: I get it at Walgreens

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I use generic benedryl for Jersey. At Sam's Club you can get a bottle of 400 25mg tablets for $3 and change. I use it for myself as well. Deal can't be beat.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The only thing to watch out for is that benadryl will make them drowsy. While this can often be a good thing for the owner :biglaugh: don't give it to them and drag them out of the house for a run. Up until this latest spat of allergies, we always gave Myra half of a 25mg caplet when she was acting up. When they started getting worse we had the doc prescribe Allerchlor, which was $4 for 60 pills (and $40 for the visit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts