Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else's dog move when they dream?
Last night Maddie was in her crate in our bedroom. About 3AM I woke up to hear her kicking the bars of the crate. I sat up and realized that she was "running" in her sleep, front and back legs moving like she was going full speed. All of a sudden she stopped running and growled. It wasn't the play growl she does when we play tug-of-war - it was a fierce growl I have never heard. This lasted about a minute and then she started yelping like she was really hurt!! I jumped out of bed and woke her up because I'm a big softie and and I don't want my dog to get hurt - even in her dream. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yep, Zoey does the same. She'll actually roll on her back start running and making the same noise she does when shes frustrated and can't reach one of her toys.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I laugh myself off the couch when Chloe is dreaming. She "runs", literally with her paws, yelps, barks, growls.... I would do a lot to find out what she is dreaming about!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/greendevil.gif

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I think we'd ALL love to know what the "kids" are dreaming about. Mine ALL dream like that!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Oh my goodness, Maggie is such a dreamer! She growls, she runs, she sniffs, she barks, she pants, she wags her tail. You would think she was actually awake but indeed she is dreaming. I love it though, we always tease her when she is sleeping and if she is growling or something we will say "Maggie get it! Go get it Maggie!"

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Spock grunts and twitches his limbs when he dreams. Bones wakes up and stares at him anxiously while he does it. I've never really seen her dream before. I guess I've logged more hours being around Spock asleep than I have Bones, though, since Spock used to sleep in the bed with us every night.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yup, they can be quite active when they dream. Lucy has clearly been chasing something in her dreams, when she starts barking and baying in her sleep. Her voice is somewhat garbled, though, like a human talking in his sleep.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I'm laughing at this, because my three do this also. A few weeks ago Jasmine was sleeping and I noticed her twitching. Her tongue was sticking out a little and it look like she was sucking something. So I put my pinky fingure up to her mouth and next thing you know she's sound asleep sucking on my finger. I didn't have the heart to wake her, but after a few minutes she woke on her own and sort of looked like "how'd that get in there?"

It was very cute!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: MakoCSHThey are dreaming about their happy hunting grounds /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
No always. When I first rescued the Bagel he had doggie nightmares. His dreams were rather disturbing to me as I'm sure he was reliving past abuses. happily, those ended within 6 months and now he has happy hunting dreams.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Ours dream as well If they sound distressed I call them until they just about wake up. I think one has to be cautious about touching dogs when they are dreaming, have you heard the expression 'Let sleeping dogs lie'.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey dreams a lot. She runs and twitches in her sleep and yelps and growls. I love watching her. Her lips do this funny thing when she's wimpering sometimes. She makes this funny "ooof" noise and her lips puff out. It's so funny to watch. Sometimes she'll do it at night and it scares me awake when I hear her paws hitting the sides of her crate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts