Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is a good dog food for my 1 yr old beagles? what is a good alternate food if i dont want to give dog food? is banana ok to give? thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what meat i should and should not give? i dont want to give dog food all the time. hope this is fine...

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
You need to give dog kibbles all the time or the dog will have deficiencies most likely, unless you have a proper diet plan made by someone who knows what they're doing. Or you can give dog fresh food which has everything just like kibbles.

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
You need to give dog kibbles all the time or the dog will have deficiencies most likely, unless you have a proper diet plan made by someone who knows what they're doing. Or you can give dog fresh food which has everything just like kibbles.
JP, is absolutely right. Dog food contains the nutrients that are need such as vitamins and minerals. If only feeding your home cooked food it won't contain all that is needed. I've had this discussion with my vet. You can add small amounts of meats or vegetables to the kibble but I wouldn't recommend eliminating regular dog food. I don't use kibble but I buy Fresh Pet food found in the refrigerated section of the pet store. I buy it at Target as its cheaper.
Find a good 4 or 5 Star food at www.dogfoodadvisor.com

·
Registered
180 Posts
Banana is absolutely fine to give to your dog. I agree with everyone else here, why wouldn't you want to give him dog food? He's a dog after all :D

Be careful on giving him human food as there are some that are poison to dogs. Avoid having an upset stomach by transitionin when you change dog food.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello
I read about raw dog food, that its much better to feed my dog in this way.
I Also found this typo of food: Dehydrated raw dog food, and especially this company: Dehydrated Raw Dog Food - ROCKETO | GORocketo.com
Have anybody of you guys try this out? Maybe know difference between it or any recommendations?
P.s my dog is Beagle
I have read that some beagle breeders only feed raw; but I have not researched enough (I am currently beagle-less but still look at the forum because I'm looking for my next beagle). I fed my Ally kibble (various brands Innova was one of them which was bought by other companies) for 14 years, until she developed Cushing's disease. After that I fed her FreshPet. She lived 17 years!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts