Our Beagle World Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
My dog chewed 5 beautiful beds...one within minutes of getting it. My solution that worked really well was to buy a hard plastic kiddie pool. I tossed old towels and toys in it and that was the end of destruction. Eventually she was able to transition to regular dog bed BUT cover it with an old sheet...that seems to stop rhe chewing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
pffft you guys worry about a dog bed.

my dogs wrassled around in their crate one day while i was at work. it ended up against the living room wall. they reached through the wire and gouged my wall in 3 places.

one nite i made myself some dinner. after i ate, i passed out watching a boring movie. i woke up to an unusual sound an hour later. i went into the bedroom to find the puppies frolicking in a sea of pink insulation, and a 5" hole in the wall under the window.

one morning i woke up to a noise i recognized right away. they had chewed my BRAND NEW work boots. seriously, $140 boots that i wore for a month.

there are so many chuck holes in my yard, you'd think i lived with a gopher.

no matter how many times i repair the fence, they find a new spot to dig under it and one of them escapes. then she stands at the fence and cries till i come and get her.

there are countless spots in my house where they chewed on the trim in random places.

i have 2 holes in the kitchen linoleum now.

another day, right in front of me, kuro yanked the register out of the floor and began playing with it.

i spend more money on dog toys than any sensible person would. they never last more than a few minutes. there are kong balls that have vanished into another dimension. they're simply gone. kong balls. i'm not even kidding. gone. at least 6 of them. i learned real fast not to buy tennis balls. they de fuzz them, then eat them. there's nothing funnier than a dog walking around with fluorescent yellow fuzz hanging out of their butt as they run around the yard.

they are on their 2nd dog bed, big deal. dog beds are cheap compared the the time, money and effort to correct the other stuff. the hard part is, i cant even be mad at them

21 - 23 of 23 Posts