Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. last night I was showing my friend how obsessed my kitty is with carrots. While the kitty lay on the floor, happily smooching her carrot, a certain beagle went in for the stealz and ran to the cough and started munching on her carrot.

I started panicing wondering if carrots are okay for dogs to eat.

Turns out they are and they happily sat on the lounge munching on carrots! It was VERY bizarre. Lucky my beagle expert was on hand to tell me it was all okay

Mmmm, I luvz carrots!

Nom nom nom

Don't you even think about stealzing my carrot

Nom nom nom

I haz a carrot and you don't! Nom nom nom

MUM! I haz carrot too now! NOM NOM NOM!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Absolutely hilarious! We give Cobi, baby carrots in lieu of treats some days....and wait for the orange to show in the backyard! Your kids are adorable.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never thought of giving them things like carrots and apples as treats! I might start doing it! A healthy alternative to what they'd normally get

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Whenever I find the baby carrots on sale, I buy them for the dogs - or I'll cut carrots into rounds as treats for them. All of the beagles love carrots, and other fruit - tho most don't care for oranges, they love bites of apple or banana - grapes aren't good for them, so they don't get grapes, but they enjoy other fruits and vegetables. They all love melon.
Love the pics of the beagle bunnies.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Great pictures of beautiful beagles. Maggie loves baby carrots, broccoli, green beans, cucumber. She will eat almost any fruit or vegetable we offer her.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Daisy loves just about everything!!! The only thing she doesn't like is lettuce. She spit it out and looked at me as if she was saying Ma, this is definetly NOT food

I give her all kinds of fruit -- melons, oranges, apples, pineapple (Yum!!) bananas, watermelon, pears, berries, but of course, no grapes or raisins.

So far I haven't found much she doesn't like!!

Monica and Daisy

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Ours love carrots, so far no trouble. Our last beagle was addicted to them but had excellent teeth until she died. Our vet was convinced that was due to the hard carrots. I always cut the green bit off.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Great pictures!! I will have to see if my two like carrots. I haven't tried those yet.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Love the pictures. Whenever my wife starts cutting up fruit or vegatables Tucker is right at her heals looking for a treat. I made an observation a while ago that whenever my wife drops something in the kitchen she says crap, and Tucker appears. He has learned that word means something is edible on the kitchen floor. Now if we could only get Tucker to clean the floor of non-edible items we could throw away the broom.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Tucker's DadI made an observation a while ago that whenever my wife drops something in the kitchen she says crap, and Tucker appears. He has learned that word means something is edible on the kitchen floor. Now if we could only get Tucker to clean the floor of non-edible items we could throw away the broom.
that is funny and shows just how smart those little devils are

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
My pooches will eat anything (and everything) and they both love carrots. Roscoe was never that interested in them, but Cassie and Duke are all over them. I usually do baby carrots, but may try the full size to last a little longer.

Your dogs are adorable! Simply beautiful.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey loves baby carrots. The girls are so adorable eating doing their Bugs Bunny impressions.

And Tucker's Dad...my Amber was the same way about clean up in the kitchen. She always seemed to know when something hit the floor. Jersey isn't as good. She tends to look up at the counter and never down at the floor. I have to point things out to her sometimes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
When i first got my dogs, the rescue lady suggested baby carrots as a snack, and i wanted healthy snacks, so i bought some and tried it - both dogs sniffed and turned away. lol so much for THAT !

the only way they will eat vegetables is if they are covered in peanut butter or some other kind of people food - and sometimes then they lick it off and leave the veggie.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts