Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with shoes/boots. We only did casual hiking without footwear. It will depend on the fit and your dog's tolerance to them. Avoid anything on the feet that would make them less stable and more prone to injury by slipping and falling (thinking about limb or hip breakage). I understand the advantage of protecting the paw pads from injury as well. Have you asked your vet? Considering beagles are bred (traditionally) for hunting and going for long periods over terrain is footwear necessary? Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with shoes/boots. We only did casual hiking without footwear. It will depend on the fit and your dog's tolerance to them. Avoid anything on the feet that would make them less stable and more prone to injury by slipping and falling (thinking about limb or hip breakage). I understand the advantage of protecting the paw pads from injury as well. Have you asked your vet? Considering beagles are bred (traditionally) for hunting and going for long periods over terrain is footwear necessary? Sorry I can't be of more help.
This much of help is also very useful. Will surely keep every point in mind. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts