Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am from India, My puppy AARYA, 8 Months Old.
Two Issues I have
1. Jumping and trying to catch our hand or whatever we have it in our hand
2. Biting, this occurs when he is in the mood to play, or in the middle of his playtime if we don't play, then he bites

These two issues make our family a little worried about the puppy.
Please advise how to resolve this issue.

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
Welcome
If your dog is 8 months old its really not a puppy anymore. At what age did you get your dog? That would help us with giving you advice.
Another person just 2 days ago asked about jumping and I gave advice. Please look for that post on
"Jumping" for my advice.
Young puppies around 2-5 months bite/nip which is normal.
Biting:
Dont play rough games that overly excite the dog. Say NO BITING! Then give a chew toy. Dont spank or yell at your dog. Try hand feeding your dog..the dog wont bite then and learns to be gentle. Are you teaching commands like "sit" " down" etc? There are many good youtube videos on training. This helps your dog focus on good behavior. Talk a lot using the same words so your dog learns what you want. Keep a leash on your dog in the house.. that helps your dog feel under control. Let us know what works and if you need more advice. This is a good place for advice.
My dog is 8 1/2 years old and was a biter but is very gentle now.
Please post a picture of your dog.
Cassie says Hi..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Cassie,
I bought Aarya, at his 8th Week, after that weeks off to my friends place again came back again went off now back again. It means due to his extensive naughtiness we couldn't manage and ON and Off to my home.
Recently after your advice. jumping and biting is really less. Feeding thru my hands.
Wish to take your advice more and more. Thanks a lot for your support.

Find the Pic of Aarya.
Aarya.jpg

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
Oh Im so happy my advice helped. There were times in the early phase I thought I made a big mistake but I kept at it. You'll have to also see what works and what doesnt. Give it time things will improve
My dog is 8.8 yrs now and soo good.
Your dog is very cute. Naughtiness? Yes they are for awhile but you're the boss and the best trainer...keep at it and you'll be happy.
Here is my good girl...lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts