Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MisterJim's comment about Marley & Me (which I agree is a great book) made me think of the number of beagle biographies which I have read in the past, all of which are also great and are definitely good holiday reading for those of you who haven't read them yet (and just writing this makes me want to pull them all out and read them again!):

- "A Dog Called Perth: The True Story of a Beagle" by Peter Martin

- "For Bea: The Story of the Beagle who Changed My Life", by Kristen Von Kreisler (I love them all, but think this one is probably my favourite)

- "What the Dog Did", by Emily Yoffe

- "Barney, the Stray Beagle who Became a TV Star and Stole our Hearts", by Dick Wolfsie

I looked today and all of these are still available on Amazon.com - I've never seen any of them in bookstores and found them all just by aimlessly searching (probably when I should have been working... like now).

I'm also wondering if anyone knows of any others out there which I haven't come across yet?

· Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And speaking of John Grogan, did anyone catch him on the Dog Whisperer getting some advice about their new, post-Marley, dog? It was neat seeing him and his family - after reading the book I felt like I knew them so well!

And continuing with my stream of consciousness today, speaking of the Dog Whisperer, has anyone else noticed that they keep having people on the show with "problem" beagles which turn out to be nothing but normal beagles that their owners just don't understand?! One I saw a while back had a beagle that would make "horrible crying noises" when out on walks - we would all probably call that noise "BAYING". Another one had a beagle that, could you believe it, would not stop running around the back yard WITH ITS NOSE TO THE GROUND. The horror! And they call the Dog Whisperer for these "problems"?!? Cesar was very nice with both owners but effectively told them both that their beagles were - gee - being beagles!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.