Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

A few weeks ago my friend ended up with a beagle/basset mix. The dog was wandering and would often follow her when she walked her other pup. She knew where the dog was from and every day would take her back. The owners had apparently moved and just left the dog to fend for herself. Some neighbors had been feeding her but after about 2 weeks of my friend taking her back to the neighbors, they told her they didn't want the dog. So my friend took her in and is now trying to find her a home. She would like to keep her, but is out of a job right now and is concerned about the finances. My friend is REALLY hoping to find a home for the beagle mix, Maeby is her name, but will take her to a rescue if she can't find a home. She will NOT take her some place that she will be put down, only a rescue. She is just outside of Tampa, FL. Let me know if you're interested or know someone who is and I'll try and get some pictures. I believe she is around 2yrs, 40lbs, good with kids and other dogs, housebroken.

Thanks!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Have your friend call the Tampa Bay Beagle Rescue. The phone number I have is 813/466-9663.
Unfortunately, as more and more people are left jobless and homeless, more and more pets will be left to fend for themselves.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That's how my Serena kitty ended up in a shelter. Someone moved and left her, her kittens, and some other cats shut in a storage building with no food nor water. Seems as though the least they could have done was take them to a shelter.

I hope this baby finds a forever home, too.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all!! I've passed along the info and will update the next time I hear anything

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE:

I just received an email from my friend and she has found Maeby a home!
A family that is friends with her sister has taken her in. Apparently they are somewhat new to owning a dog so my friend also gave them a book about dogs to read. My friend will take her back should anything come up. But as for now, Maeby has a permanent home! WOO HOO!! God is good!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts