Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We travel with our kids quite often. The vet… boat ramp… dog park. They love to sit on our laps, which really isn’t a very good thing. Just the airbags going off could be really bad for all four of us.
Now that we’re doing obedience classes, it means that I have to go home from work, pick up both dogs, and meet Karen there. She works too late to come home first. Something had to be done to contain the dogs while I drive.
Well, one thing leads to another… I started out with an SUV, pet-divider, right in front of the back seat in my pick-up. I knew Sparky would be a problem, (One of our reasons for taking the classes.) confined in a small space like that with Sadie. So I drove all over town to find a cargo net to separate them.
We took a ride to the dog park yesterday. Half way there, Spark tried to attack Sadie through the netting. So I pulled over, and she ended riding up front, on Mama’s lap.
Sparky then, effortlessly, went right through one of the 3-inch square holes in the net... Like it wasn’t even there!
I guess he liked the other side better.

Class is tomorrow. I zip-tied the plywood to the net today, and we went for a short test ride… So far, so good.
Wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
wow, completely armed. Good luck! Did a amazing job!
Charlie likes to be in the foldable travel crate which I bought from target. Been using it ever since when he was just a pup. Wouldn't go in the car without it. His trainer recommended it to prevent accident from happening, like getting thrown out from the windshield.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

We originally hoped to slide in two wire crated back to back on the seat, and be done with it, but the beagle-sized ones wouldn't let the doors close. The next size down was just too small. Over all, this was actually a little less expensive... and for some reason, we already have more crates than dogs. (No. We don't need more dogs to fill them.
)

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Wow Bruce! Sparky is a determined little fella'. I'm very happy that all I've got to do is put Jersey in the car, hook her harness in and go. And by putting her in the car, I mean opening the door so she can jump in on her own, go to her spot and sit and wait for me.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Very cool idea! Isn't it amazing the things we have to come up with to beagle-proof things? Duke has made us get very creative at times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts