Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Beagle puppy is 6 months old, named Aarya. What's the recommended food and qty? Presently I am using Drools and RC.
Also while taking for the walk he sits on the road and started scratching his neck. I couldn't find any Tocks on the neck.
Please suggest the eating pattern and the scratching issue.
Presently he takes 200 Grms of RC or Drools. In between he takes many biscuits (as treats, almost 20 daily, smaller in size)

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've not familiar with Drools, and I don't know if the foods available would be different. We feed Xerxes and Neb Fromm's and are happy with that.

Is Aarya on flea treatment as well? Generally flea/tick treatment go together.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Get the best quality food you can afford. You can research at www.dogfoodadvisor.com
Ask the vet about itching. My dog scratches because she has allergies to grasses. In fact she's going to the vet for her checkup and vaccines. She's going to also get A Cytopoint injection for itching. Im not sure if your dog is old enough for it but check with the vet. It works great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Suresh, let me tell you one thing, Drool is an average quality dog food. It has real chicken, which is good, but many of its ingredients are grain-based. In my opinion, drool is a much better option than pedigree and royal canine, but there are far better options available than drool. My vet highly suggested Orijin. It's super healthy and you can go through the majority of its ingredients are real and fresh meat-based. As Cassie suggested, read reviews of dog food on dogfoodadvisor.com and go for food that has at least a 4-star rating. Orijin has got a 5-star review which is amazing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Suresh, let me tell you one thing, Drool is an average quality dog food. It has real chicken, which is good, but many of its ingredients are grain-based. In my opinion, drool is a much better option than pedigree and royal canine, but there are far better options available than drool. My vet highly suggested Orijin. It's super healthy and you can go through the majority of its ingredients are real and fresh meat-based. As Cassie suggested, read reviews of dog food on dogfoodadvisor.com and go for food that has at least a 4-star rating. Orijin has got a 5-star review which is amazing.
Hi Beagle Care, Thank you so much for your reply. Your suggestions are really good. Yes, I m planning to shift my food brand to either ORIJIN or FARMINA or WINNER. I will also go thru dogfoodadvisor.com.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get the best quality food you can afford. You can research at www.dogfoodadvisor.com
Ask the vet about itching. My dog scratches because she has allergies to grasses. In fact she's going to the vet for her checkup and vaccines. She's going to also get A Cytopoint injection for itching. Im not sure if your dog is old enough for it but check with the vet. It works great.
Hi Cassie,
Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I spoke to my Vet and suggested a spray for my dog. It works better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've not familiar with Drools, and I don't know if the foods available would be different. We feed Xerxes and Neb Fromm's and are happy with that.

Is Aarya on flea treatment as well? Generally flea/tick treatment go together.
Hi Nebuchadnezzar, Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Aarya is now doing good with couple of showers and Vet suggested spray.

·
Registered
982 Posts
@sureshg18 I'm glad Aarya is doing so well! That's great news.

By the way, you may want to switch kibbles slowly - some dogs have sensitive stomachs that even a good food can effect if suddenly introduced.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
My dog got a Cytopoint injection for itching last week and she stopped immediately. It works really great. It lasts quite a few months. My vet was the one that initially recommended it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts