Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jersey has become quite the little beach bum this weekend. Two of the last three days we were at the beach! She took her first swim on Friday and loved it. It took some convincing to get her past the waves crashing at the shore, but once she got through them she had a blast. Here are some pictures...Friday was with her daddy and me...today was with her sister Gidget and step brother Moondoggie.

Friday at Honeymoon Island Dog Beach...it was gorgeous!

Her first steps in the water with her Daddy.

Once she got used to them, the waves were no problem.

After rolling around in the sand to dry off. I don't think it had the effect she was hoping for.

And finally, one of just the gorgeous view of the Gulf of Mexico.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some pictures from today. These were at the Davis Islands Dog Beach in Tampa. I didn't care for this beach at all. I met my friends that have Jersey's littermate there. They drove out from Orlando and I was really disappointed that this was what they got. This beach is on Tampa Bay and the view was of the refinery tanks. There were rocks and oyster shells all over...plus we found a lot of broken glass. We won't be going back there. The only good thing is that it's fenced in so the dogs could run off leash.

Jersey (left) with Gidget and Moondoggie...they were all trying to chew the same stick.

All the Beagles at the beach...

Jersey and Gidget going after Moon...Girl Power!

Jersey at the shoreline...she wanted to go in and play, but the waves were just too scary. Silly Beagle!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fabulous pictures, Jen! Looks like Jersey adapted really well to the life of a beach bum. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Gorgeous pictures, Jen! Jersey is so regal looking. I'll bet it was exciting seeing her go into the water for the first time.

Can I ask a question? On dog beaches or dog parks...are you ever nervous about the dogs becoming agressive? The dogs in the picture looks so big. I'm afraid I would have been nervous. I've never been to a dog park.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As warm as it's been here today, I'm sure it was equally as warm in Florida so that water must have felt really nice. Beautiful pictures! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Great beach pictures! The beagles look like they had a lot of fun. And I can definitely see the family resemblance between Gidget and Jersey - at first I had her and Moondoggie (great name...) mixed up in the pictures and couldn't believe they were related, but once I figured it out I can sure see how their body types are similar. Is Gidget a bit shorter than Jersey, though?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:Originally posted by Gingergoose:
Gorgeous pictures, Jen! Jersey is so regal looking. I'll bet it was exciting seeing her go into the water for the first time.

Can I ask a question? On dog beaches or dog parks...are you ever nervous about the dogs becoming agressive? The dogs in the picture looks so big. I'm afraid I would have been nervous. I've never been to a dog park.
It was very exciting to watch her go into the water the first time. I was jumping up and down and waving my hands all excited. I must have looked like a fool. It got worse as I realized how much she liked it and that I could spend time at the beach with her and we'd both be able to enjoy it!

I worried the first few times I took Jersey to a dog park about dogs being agressive. I've only had one instance where there was a problem. A big Boxer chased Jersey all the way across the park to the gate. We left after that. The guy that owned the Boxer thought it was funny..."He does that to every dog that comes in the park to show he's the dominant one"...whatever. Idiot. Otherwise, the dogs there are all really friendly. There may be an ocassional bark or growl, but I've never seen a fight or any real agression. Maybe I've just been lucky. And most of the barks and growls have come from little dogs too. The big ones tend to be friendlier, at least in my experiences.

Maria, yes, Gidget is shorter than Jersey. Jersey must have been the Jolly Green Giant of her litter, because their momma' is only a 13 inch Beagle. She must get her height from her daddy.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Love the pictures Jen! I must be great to go to the beach with Jersey. She looks like she had a blast. I should have taken pictures when I took Lucky to the dog park on Saturday. He had so much fun!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
What wonderful pictures--especially the ones at Honeymoon Island--that looks like a lovely place for dogs and people!!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Oh I'm jealous :greendevil:
We do not have a beach here, a honeymoon beach, what a name. Charlie is jealous too, although I do not think he can swim, never did. We have to drive a long way for a beach..the Pacific Ocean side.
It must be nice and warm in Florida.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My friend's dad's beagle loves the beach.. Especially chasing after the crabs at night!

We haven't taken Toby to the beach, but when he was a puppy, we used to take him to the lake and he'd love swimming.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
What a character !!! Honeymoon Island is very nice as is Ft Desoto dog beach. I like to take Dakota there so she can be off leash where at Honeymoon they have to be on leash.

I agree Davis Island is not nearly as nice but they can be off leash when the tide is in and not out or else they can sneek to the airport runways.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Julie, I've thought about trying Ft. DeSoto, it's just so far for me. I've got another mini vacation coming up Easter weekend. Maybe I'll try then. How do you get there?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Everytime I see Jersey, I am stunned by her long legs. Watching her frolic cracks me up.

Vinny told me he would rather not go to the beach again. He cried like a little baby.

Beagles!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotatesmiley2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts