Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I figured since I was off work today it would be a good time to give the girls a bath. Silly me. So Hunter goes first. She is very good while being bathed, until it is time to dry her. Then she flips out and tries to attack the towel. O.k she is as dry as she is going to get. Casey's turn. She tries to eat everything in the bathroom, including the shower head while I an rinsing her off. Time to dry her off. She gets away from me and zooms around the house like a crazy dog barking hysterically. Hunter decides that she should join in the fun too.They finish running around inside and now want out. No doubt to see how dirty they can get. Oh well, at least I got clean. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
83 Posts
What a fun visual i have of Bathtime at your house. LOL
I have sorta the same situation at mine. Hooper ( bieing wet ) doesnt like to be towel dryed either. SO I now have damp dog dryng himself off on the couch !

·
Registered
889 Posts
Sounds like bathtime in our house except we get triple zoomies :lol2: :animal18:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh, Janna -- you just have to sit back and laugh! I am still having to give Maggie weekly baths -- thank goodness she has behaved herself so far. She actually loves the towel part -- I think, because she is so itchy, that any kind of massage feels good. I do find that her fur retains water like crazy -- have to use two thick beach towels to get her dry.

·
Registered
147 Posts
wish i had it that easy.poor homer hates his baths with a passion!i have to put his choke collar on him tied to the faucet so he won't get out of the tub and try to hold him with one hand and scrub with the other cuz he fights it so much he doesn't care that he is choking himself so bad.and the howling and barking!you would think we are killing him.last time he was so upset he pooped himself in there /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif no matter how much i try to calm him and ease him into it it always turns out like that.he was getting weekly baths but he's gone 3 weeks without cuz i can't bear to put him thru that again just yet

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
LOL! Now I don't feel so bad about bathtime at our house.

All the babies had baths on Sunday. The big labs are pretty easy, they just stay there and let you do your thing. They don't like it, but they deal well with it. Duke, on the other hand, is a pain to bathe. He wiggles and tried to get away. It amazes me that a 13 pound puppy is harder to deal with at bathtime than 2 80 pound labs!

Funniest part was Phoebe, our kitty, was just staring at them all with this look on her face that just said, "Ha, ha, I give myself baths!"

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I shut and lock the bathroom door to insure she doesn't get out because if she does she'll rub her wet body all over all of the beds and the couches /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
862 Posts
That sounds very familiar!!! :hi:

I always bathe Boeing outside as we don't have a tub in the bathroom to keep him in. Then I put him on a high table to dry him. He tries to attack the towel and sometimes succeeds in grabbing part of it (along with one of my fingers or two) in his mouth. If he can't bite the towel, he groans and grumbles like an old man. back inside the house, he darts to his plastic milk bowl, picks it up, and zoomies 3-4 times. It's always like this :doh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts