Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i gave sophie a bath, then blow-dry and brush.
once i turned her loose, she ran around the house like a dog on fire! she wanted to play with toys but couldn't decide which one, and wanted to play with all of us, but just couldn't slow down. i never saw her like that before. could there be something in the shampoo? the episode lasted about an hour maybe a little more.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
You have officially experienced the beagle zoomies!
Even my Maggie, who isn't very spry these days, has a touch of the zoomies after her weekly baths. Nothing to worry about -- it's a great time to play with them.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yep even my 11yr old becomes a pup again after his bath, I think they just feel refreshed

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Oh yes, very familiar with the post bath crazies! I think they are running around looking for something dirty to roll in!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Definately the bath zoomies! All three of my dogs are like that but Molly is the zoomiest! I usually say weeeeeeee and clap my hands and she tears around the house like a tornado. I think they are blow drying themselves

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yes definately the zoomies!!! I love when they do it!!!

Let me ask a question to those also in the colder climates....

How do you dry your babies off in this cold weather?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally Posted By: pfr

Well, I bought a really absorbent dog towel from the pet store and I use a space heater to warm the bathroom first. I don't let them out of the bathroom for as long as I can hold them back but they dry pretty quickly. I also make sure they do their business BEFORE the bath so we don't have to go outside for awhile afterwards.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tucker's nickname after baths is The Banshee. We block off the doggie door prior to the bath so he doesn't run outside and get dirty again.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oh yeah, even 13 y/o Cassie gets excited after a bath. Of course, mine know very well that when everybody is done with bath time, they get a treat. So they all direct me to the pantry for their treat, then they get the zoomies.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Originally Posted By: pfrYes definately the zoomies!!! I love when they do it!!!

My greyhounds don't get baths in the winter (they just don't get stinky!) but Molly gets a bath in the tub. I towel dry her really well and also put towels down on the floor for her to roll on. I blow dry her on low and send her off to do her zoomies. I always make sure she goes potty before a bath so that she can go a few hours without going outside in the cold.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My boyfriend called earlier today to let me know he'd put the dogs in the tub after they frolicked in the melting ice, snow, and mud in the back yard, and I could hardly hear him for the barking and play-growling in the background. They'll be getting a second bath, one with soap, later tonight when I get home. Hopefully all the crazy running-around will make sure they're good and tired for bedtime tonight

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally Posted By: pfrYes definately the zoomies!!! I love when they do it!!!

I use a blow dryer on them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i'm glad to hear that it's normal
she is starting to get used to the blow dryer, and that's good, less chasing to do

·
Registered
72 Posts
Buddy goes insane when the blow dryer goes on. Barking and crying so loud. He stays perfectly still in the bath tub during the bath but once the blow dryer goes on its all over.

I bought some microfiber absorbent towels so they take up most of the water and the blow dryer doesnt stay on that long.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
When I use the blow dryer on myself the beags go into attack mode! Its almost as if they are trying to protect me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts