Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all the dogs had their nails trimmed last night. They had a bath today and their ears cleaned. Now guess what they are doing? Yep...you guessed it. They are outside rolling around in the yard. Thankfully it is still mostly snow, but I am sure there will be some mud on them by the time I make them come in. I wish I could teach them to use the toilet so I would not ever have to send them back outside. lol If I can get some photos I will add them later.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh... that sucks... but as long as they are having fun!!

I took Chloe on her morning walk today (at 11, we slept in
) and 15 minutes later when we came back, she was black!! So much for snow, ha? It just gets disgusting when it melts...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey almost got a bath today, but tomorrow is a day care day so I thought twice about it. Tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday though. She's getting stinky.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
We have never given ours a bath, just sponged them down if they rolled in something revolting. Its too cold to even do that right now, minus 12 C.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Li'l MaggieMaggie and Spinelli got baths today too. It's 80 degrees here today, so it was a perfect day. Of course, right after their baths they had to go roll around in the grass...
Of course they did. They had to get the clean off. LOL!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine get a little stinky, but mostly it's because I want to help cut down on the amount of hair that gets left all over the furniture and carpet. lol That and I do love how white their coats are when they have had a bath. That is usually gone within a couple of days though.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Funny how we humans have different ideas than our pets, I always found that frustrating. We live surrounded by a lot of dirt so bathing a dirty dog guarantees a minute later a dirty dog again.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
OMG, the weather has been insane up here (Upstate NY) and we took our beagles out about two weeks ago, when, in between the massive snow falls and ice storms, it was close to 60 degrees! Well as you can imagine the snow was melting and by the time we got back to the house they were FILTHY! My husband had to hold them at the front door while I got the bathroom ready and we bee-lined for the tub. Both of them, right in. I was just imagining both of them running right for the couch if we let them loose!

·
Registered
114 Posts
JoJo gets a bath every 3 weeks. She has a very strong doggie smell about her so she needs to be bathed. Funny thing though is while Jesie is in the bath JoJo wants in. As soon as its JoJo's turn she doesn't want in!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I try not to bathe Menolly too often, but lately she's forced me into it. Her favorite filthy place is now the fireplace. She adores ashes. (don't worry, she waits until it's dead cold) Even with the doors closed...she's learned to open them.

As far as doggie smell goes, I've gotten used to it and even enjoy it. My family, however...they say Menolly stinks but I can't tell! I will give her a bath if she gets especially dirty or she smells bad, i.e if she's rolled in something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts