Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Megan, the light of my life, is going in for surgery tomorrow and I am a total basket case. I would feel a whole lot calmer if I knew she was getting a bunch of prayers and good thoughts tomorrow between 8:30 and 12:00 MST. from all her fellow Beagle Worlders. That is some of the problem - 3 1/2 hours of surgery. The last time I dropped a dog off for surgery I sat out in the parking lot and bawled for 15 minutes! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif And that was just for a teeth cleaning! So, pleeeeeeeese, any kind thoughts tomorrow would be appreciated more than I can say.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Absolutely, I will pray for Megan and for you and keep you in my thoughts through the day.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I certainly hear you - Booker just had surgery last Wednesday (three fatty lumps and anal glands all removed). I was a mess all day until I got word that the surgery had gone okay... and my state certainly wasn't helped by the fact that they had an emergency come in that bumped her surgery from the morning until 4 pm in the afternoon and so she also had to stay at the vets overnight instead of coming home. I basically sat at my desk all day and pretended to work but I just couldn't focus on anything - luckily I didn't have to do anything too complicated that day!

But when we went to pick her up the next morning she was SOOO happy to see us and came out from the back wagging her tail like mad and baying "get me out of here" - I knew she was going to be okay.

And it also doesn't get any easier. Our three dogs have had a total of seven surgeries in the time we have had them - one ruptured disk (Booker), two anal gland removals (Booker and Moose) and four lump removals (three Booker for a total of five lumps, one Moose and one Popcorn) - we seem to have lumpy beagles) - and I am a basket case each time.

Sending you our best thoughts for tomorrow - before you know it you'll have your beagle back snoring contentedly beside you (like Booker is doing right now here beside me).

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I'm so glad I saw this post before my day began! Rest assured, prayers will be sent up all day today as you and Meggie go through your challenges.
I pray for strength and calm for you Kathleen, a steady hand and wisdom for Meg's surgeon, and an easy and stressless day for dear Megan.
I have faith the day will go well!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Thinking of you and hope the news is good later today. please keep us posted.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I've already started the positive thoughts & prayers! :angel: I'm sure she'll be just fine. What is the surgery for if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sending our thoughts and prayers to you from Canada! I'm sure that Megan will be just fine and will be soooo happy to come home.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry Jen-n-Jersey, I was so wrapped up in the fact of surgery I neglected to tell you what the surgery was! :doh: Megan is having her right rear leg operated on - a TPLO (tibial plateau leveling osteotomy). I have now managed to work myself up to not only worrying about the surgery but have now added am I going to be a good enough nursefor her recovery. The surgery is now underway and my stomach is somewhere right behind my tongue. On top of all that, we have had 3 major snow storms in 3 weeks with another one forecast for Thurs with below 0 readings. Imagine trying to convince poor Megan that yes she really does want to go to the bathroom in this little cleared place with snow higher than she is with a shaved area from waist to toes, a sling under her belly, it is below 0 and she does not feel well. You see where my worries come from. I really, really do appreciate the prayers and positive thoughts. A lot of you have been down this road or worse and totally understand and that is a huge comfort. When I know more I will post. Again, a big thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are coming your way from Shiloh and me!! :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Just saw your post, Kathleen -- will definitely keep Megan in my prayers until she comes through her surgery and, caring like you do for your pups, you will make a wonderful nurse!!! Looking forward to hearing news later today --

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Oh Kathleen!

I just read this post.

I understand how you feel and wish I could take you to lunch or something to take your mind off of it.

I'll be waiting for work on how it all goes and sending prayers and thoughts that way.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:bounce: :bounce2: :rotatesmiley2: Now comes the hard part for her - hot packs, cold packs, numerous pills, penned up for 8 weeks, physical therapy, etc. Remember when LBJ would speak and say I come to you with a heavy heart, well mine is no longer heavy, I am almost blubbering as I type this. I will get back to you all as the recovery progresses. Thanks again for all the positive prayers and thoughts, I firmly believe they help.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm so happy to hear the good news - and although the recovery may be long she will get a little better every day and that is a wonderful thing to watch!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I am really happy that the surgery went so well, what a brave beag she was to soldier on in that pain without even a wimper.

Do not worry to much about the nursing as you will probably find the beag will cope with her post op problems far better than we ever could.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts