Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
teddy did this as a pup, but i had this we do not associate ourselves with dogs that are illbehaved attitude because i have a theory that bad behavior spreads like wildfire lmao. so when he would bark on a walk back at a dog that was freaking out at us i'd simply say NOPE and give alittle dug to divert his attention back to me. i probably had to do that all of three weeks, now he doesn't bark at all when he sees another dog just wags his tail and tries to walk up to them. Altho i will say he is generally a quiet dog so i dont know if it would have been different had he been really loud, we never really gave him the option of being a loud dog. barking/howling/baying for no reason (as in, other then pottying, if he gets starteled, maybe if he's hurt or something like that) was frowned upon. he'd get a firm quiet and he'd usually settle down.

Also i like to nip it in the bud before it gets really crazy if he started barking alittle bit i'd say quiet before it got out of hand.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.