Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been touched on before but I was just so frustrated tonight! I took the dogs for a walk/jog by myself tonight which I've done many times. They've gotten really pretty good about staying with my as I jog and not crossing in front of me. They also have gotten good about staying somewhat calm when we see a rabbit. They'll whine a little but don't freak out. However, when we see other dogs they tend to go berserk. I can sometimes get them calm with a treat but not always. Honestly it's embarrassing having them barking and howling and lunging at other dogs. People think I'm beating them or something. Tonight I just turned around and went the opposite direction. Daisy wasn't too bad but Rocky continued turning around and howling. It was to the point where I was practically dragging him home. Fortunately he wears a harness so he wasn't getting choked, but I was just so frustrated. Sometimes they're so good and sometimes they go wild. Every now and then I can just drop down to their level and tell them quiet and they'll settled down. Boy, not tonight!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.