Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
My girl Fifi is 2yrs old, she is the most lovable, cheeky, playful beagle l know. However, she has a barking issue. When she sees other dogs during her walk or at a dog park she always barks out of excitement not aggression. This is very annoying and stressful as a dog owner. When l take Fifi for a walk l try to avoid other dogs. When she's at dog park, Fifi barks at every dog that comes through the gate. Any help appreciated.
Zee

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Nooo I dont believe it.. she's too cute. Lol
Does she bark at home? In your yard?
My dog will bark in our yard at squirrels or lizards. I tell her NO BARKING! and point my forefinger and say it and for some reason it worked to stop it.

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
She is adorable! Try carrying some tasty treats and refocus her to the treats. Reward her for being quiet. We use small pieces of hot dogs, works very well.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Xerxes can be similar, but with him it is aggression (at TIMES). We've taught him the 'quiet' command (rewarding with treats when he didn't bay) and also have him sit as dogs go by a good distance from the sidewalk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is adorable! Try carrying some tasty treats and refocus her to the treats. Reward her for being quiet. We use small pieces of hot dogs, works very well.
I never tried hot dogs, l will give that a go. Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts