Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as I stated in the groweling at neighbors post
Georgia will bark at any new people she has not met yet.
today when my daughter friends mother came to get her daughter Georgia was barking & doing a low growling.
I do not want her to get into to the habbit of barking at everyone.
what can I do to stop this befroe it gets out of hand?
I will not mind a bark when someone knocks on the door to alert us but once she knows that no one is going to hurt her she will need to stop

would puting her in her crate help at all? what do you do
thanks

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
What I found useful is having (most of the time) treats with me, high value that will draw Chloe's attention.
When she gets nervous, afraid, whatever and I need her mood to change, I call her name and the second she reacts to me, I praise and give her a treat.
That worked every single time, especially when she starts barking (which is not very often).

Georgia is barking because she is afraid of the new people, kids; you need to make her feel that she can depend on you to keep her safe and that people you introduce her are good people that will not harm her. It will take a little bit of time as she is new at your home, but you'll get there.

·
Registered
511 Posts
It might help to have some new people prepared with some treats. That way, as soon as Georgia sees/meets them they greet her with a treat. After a few times she might start associating the new people with something positive rather than a reason to be afraid.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Vinny's self appointed mission to meet everyone in the world, therefore he barks and jumps and crys and slober's at everyone that goes by.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts