Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bark Video re Teaching Leave It

Folks: I was trying to find a thread regarding how to teach our beagles to leave nasty stuff but couldn't zero in on one so am posting this as a new topic. The Bark magazine website has a great video showing how to teach your dog to leave it. I think videos are so much better than articles as you can really see the steps. Here you go:

How to Teach Leave It

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Re: Bark Video re Teaching Leave It

Thanks for the link. I also think its easier when you can see the steps. When they introduced leave it in obedience class, I laughed, thinking Maggie would never learn but she did and is very good about the command. However she is not as good with drop it if she manages to grab something before I tell her to leave it.

·
Registered
205 Posts

That dog got a TON of treats.

Thank you so much for posting the link. I'm so clueless about dog-training and just can't afford obedience class at the moment. But we're working slowly and this was certainly very helpful.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Originally Posted By: tntnjmomThat dog got a TON of treats.
One suggestion re treats -- if you get liver treats, you can break them up into tiny pieces. You can do the same with any kind of soft treat -- just find something first that your dog goes nuts over!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts