Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear beagle will eat ANYTHING.

So last night i was baking banana bread. I almost burned it but i caught it just in time. I set both loaves out on the counter to cool of course my faithful kitchen assitant teddy was there to make sure all was going smoothly.
Thirty minutes later i cut into the first loaf and get a taste. Ick. So i stood there wondering what went wrong, usually my banana bread is super delish but not today i guess. Finally it dawns on me.....i forgot to add the brown sugar. I couldn't believe i forgot but it happens i guess. so i set the loaves on the far side of the counter for a second opinion later from my uncle who likes bitter/sugarless cakes etc. It still tasted alright i guess but there was a clear lack of sweetness. Anyway i go back downstairs to write up some labs.
about 40 minutes later i realize....teddy's missing. Well not missing but..not with me. So i look and look and look all around the house finally i see little froglegs and tail poking out from under the upstairs futon. I bend down and what do i find.
None other then Mr. Theodore Banana (aka teddy) under the couch with an entire loaf of banana bread. about 1/4 of it gone mind you. He had the most sheepish look. I couldnt help it. i LAUGHED and laughed, and then i started thinking how did he get it off the counter. Its generally speaking way to high for him.
Well an hour later i find out when i see him jump up on the chrome trash bin and step onto the counter for another bite of banana bread.

I swear that dog...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I can just picture that!
We've never had a dog, beagle or otherwise, who wasn't a foodaholic. However, one time we did find something our Ruby (Bridge) wouldn't eat. I'd bought budget fish sticks, and when none of the humans would eat them, I gave them to Ruby. She wouldn't touch them either!
Needless to say, I never bought any more of those!

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
That is funny. Luckily I've never had that problem with Murphy. Smitty was amazed to hear that Beagles were known to counter surf. I'm pretty diligent about keeping things off the counter. Buzz, the cat has been known to help himself to things on the counter.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
LOL
I once was about to eat a burger (that i was craving for days
) in the dining table when I got up for a quick second to get a glass of water only to back with Coco sitting in my chair eating my burger!!
i was sooo mad at him because i haven't even taken a bite of it but then realized it was actually funny seeing him sitting on the dining table chair.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Haha.. I can totally see it. Frog legs and tail sticking out from under the futon while he eats the banana bread. Hahahahahaha.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Sandy J, that is something we have seriously considered, Might as well set the boys a plate, they are there all the time anyway.

As for the banana bread, I swear they know when something is there and can jump up and over, like an L. Cobi, got into a can of cappacino mix , cocoa, splenda, powdered coffee and creamer, spilled it all over the carpet in the kitchen (not my choice of flooring with dogs or kids) Boy was he hyper for the night, and I notice this AM his poo was just stinky and explosive. Thankfully the cocoa wasn't so much that it made him sick...just enough to make him want it...and the can? Who knows where that is we've looked all over and can't find it!

Cathy J

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally Posted By: SandyjThis is a really old picture, but this thread brought it to mind. Please excuse the quality.
hahaha!! lol somtimes i feel likei might as well set him a place at the table lol such a cute picture.

yeah teddy is alittle sneak, i couldn't belive it but it was just too funny.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
LOL too funny! I have long since l;earned not toleave ANY food out unless it is up at least four feet high, one foot away fron the edge, and no chairs are within two feet- or Menolly will eat it. She's stolen Mom's breakfast toast, part of my eggs, an entire bowl of cereal (with milk!), and numerous items my nephew was eating. She seems to favor bagels in particular...

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally Posted By: Star Wars BeagleLOL too funny! I have long since l;earned not toleave ANY food out unless it is up at least four feet high, one foot away fron the edge, and no chairs are within two feet- or Menolly will eat it. She's stolen Mom's breakfast toast, part of my eggs, an entire bowl of cereal (with milk!), and numerous items my nephew was eating. She seems to favor bagels in particular...
HAHAHA!! my dog likes cereal too! and milk in general if one of the kids leaves a glass or cup on the floor for watever reason he is ON It lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts