Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bailey went in today to have a wart removed from his lower eyelid that was rubbing against his eye. The vet was supposed to freeze it off, but found the roots of the wart were much deeper than expected and cut it out. While he was knocked out he also had his teeth cleaned and nails trimmed. Poor Bailey's been through the wringer today, but he's doing ok and eating a little.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Poor Bailey! I hope he is feeling better soon. Give him lots of kisses from me and Caesar.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well, if it had to happen at least he got his teeth cleaned without having to under again. One of my past dogs had a growth removed and, boy, I was nervous too - right at the eye - yikes.

Hope he recovers quickly.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Poor Bailey! Maggie and I send gentle belly rubs. Good idea to combine all the procedures -- Mags had a mole removed from her lower eyelid a couple of years ago. Delicate surgery but I can't even tell which eye it was on.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Poor little mite! At least they were able to take care of everything at once, so hopefully this will be it for a good long time.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Poor Bailey!! Hope he's feeling better today.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Poor Bailey. I hope he recovers quickly. Extra belly rubs from Toby, Lucky, and me!

·
Registered
605 Posts
My sweet angel, Buddy, had a similar surgery done at 12 and did great. It's amazing how advanced and precise veterinary medicine has become. Feel better, Bailey!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hope Bailey is feeling better today - and at least with the surgery coming up unexpectedly like that you didn't have to worry about it for days beforehand like we all usually do! Good idea to have his teeth cleaned while he was under anyway - we try to do that too whenever the chance comes up.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bailey sends arooos and thanks to everyone. He is doing much better today, but he is still not 100%. I'm convinced that they gave him too much anesthesia; he was still completely zonked out at 11 last night. This afternoon he went for a romp around the yard for a little while and is much more like his old self.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts