Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as usual, I went to take Miss Bailey for a walk this morning around 8:30.... and it was normal, she still doesn’t quite get the concept of no pulling. Her nose is always to the ground and she’s always pulling me. (Any advice on that would be awesome, I’ve tried watching videos and such to no avail)

Anyhow, we’re almost back to my house and she trots off toward the telephone pole (it’s right behind my house... totally inconveniently located lol). So.. Of course I let her sniff whatever she smells, and suddenly she’s trying to chew something up! So I quick opened her mouth up and realized there was a MUTILIATED DEAD BIRD AND SHE WAS TRYING TO EAT ITS WING!!!

Well, I removed it from her mouth and shouted for my fiancé come take her back inside, and I disposed of the bird.... I’m not entirely sure what or if I should be concerned. As I’m sure as with all animals, birds can carry diseases... I just don’t want to start Googling things and worrying myself. LOL. Worst case she might have runny poops? 🤪

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
We carry small tasty treats when we walk, hold the leash short and tell them "by me". Pick one side or the other, to your left or right, keep the leash short, say "by me" and if she behaves she gets a treat.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Neb once picked up a dead and I think rotting squirrel and was none the worse for wear. Thank goodness for solid drop its because I don't know if I would've had the fortitude to pry that out of his mouth. Shudder

We let Xerxes walk freely and track scents, so I can't help you there. Neb is pretty mellow now in his old age, and before that had two well-behaved GSDs to copy!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Oh Bailey! Such a beagle. LOL!

Natty Boh had a thing for acorns. We avoided oak trees on our walks. Cat poop? Well, that's a whole 'nother story. EW!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts