Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! So far so good. He has peed many times on the training mat which is by the door that goes outside........... but just now he pooped on Charlie's big bed!! I'm putting it down to just being a puppy.

He was fantastic in the car on the way home, slept in crate, slept in lap and was wired by the time we came in the house. Charlie gave a couple of sniffs and said whatever! At the moment they pretty much ignore each other, other than when Charlie is lying down and wagging his tail, Bailey will attack it and Charlie will stand up and walk away.

He's very social. The breeder did a wonderful job, and he's so used to children, it's unreal. He loves his CVS bed and has gone and laid down in it and fallen asleep. I love his little pounce after he wakes up. Our entire first floor is hardwood with rugs and it's cute to see him nose dive and slide on the floor. The breeder gave us Froggie which is his chew toy right now, and we have a miniture tennis ball which he chases and can fit in his mouth.

I've taken lots of pictures but I'm pushed for time to put them on the computer, but I will. He's a joy right now and none of us are sitting on the sofa anymore, we're all spread out on the floor with two dogs.

More tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Awwww, so glad he made it home safely! Aren't puppies wonderful!
We'll look forward to those pictures - he is such a sweetie!
Hugs 'n puppy kisses,
Glenda 'n the pack

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That's great!!! The housebreaking will take time but Charlie will help and Bailey will follow his lead, don't worry and be patient.

Waiting for those pictures

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Congratulations on your new member of the pack. Hours of fun lay ahead and you must share some of the joy with us all...Photos!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's 7.30 on Sunday morning - I am never up this early!!! Let's see now... put in crate at 11pm, slept till 2am. Excellent. Played and potty break for about 30 minutes, then he fell asleep on me, so put him back in crate. 45 minutes later he's awake again, and it pretty much stayed like that all night. He doesn't mind the crate, he was just lonely. My eyes are blurred, but he just went potty outside. He was watching Charlie on the grass, but Bailey stayed on the concrete and only trod on sections of green grass, not the sections that had a leaf on it, it was funny to watch him skip and hop on the grass. As soon as he got to an open green section, he swatted and ran right back.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Life with a puppy is so much fun. I miss those days with Jersey. Really, even the sleep deprivation. Those times of laying on the sofa with her in the middle of the night were great bonding times. I'm sure Bailey will adjust quickly and Charlie will be a great trainer.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Great pictures

I especially love the one with the girls, the one standing with the ball in his mouth and the one where he's sleeping in his bed.

And that belly ..... yummy

·
Registered
271 Posts
How adorable he is.
At petsmart they sell toys you can buy that simulate a heartbeat and also a little red bean bag you put in the microwave and heat it up.
It might help him in his crate at night to help him feel like his siblings are laying next to him.

·
Registered
320 Posts
His puppy belly is soooo cute. I love that picture of just him sleeping in his bed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts